Story Idea

11/4/21 I had a thought! This is by far my most popular story and I thought I'd use you, my fans so far, to pitch a story idea to you. Feel free to skip this chapter if you'd rather just continue reading, I won't force you, but let me know what you think though I don't have any definite plans for it. I'll pitch two scenes for it though I haven't decided the gender of our main character. Picture about was taken from an app Paint By Number but it's not exactly what I want. If your feeling inspired after hearing my story description, let me know cause I can't draw so lookin' for an artist!

This book with have mature themes and will be set on "Mature" if I make it. There will be: kidnapping, dreaming, crime, burglary, stalking, scopophobia (I think. I looked up the definition and it kind of fits the story plot but...), romance, haven't decided if it's straight or gay, visio

SCENE 1

"(Insert Name Here), this is detective (Insert Name Here) and he's here for... well... It's hard to explain right now so I'll wait until after our appointment today to explain everything. As long as you're okay with it, of course. I won't force you," doctor (Insert Name Here) said in that calm, unalarming, tone though he looked a little worried as he glanced between (Insert Name Here) and the stranger in the room who wore a three piece suit holding a notepad and a pen clearly ready to take notes during (Insert Name Here)'s doctors appointment in the psychologist office who was staring from one man to the other in confusion.

"A-am I in trouble or something? Or do you feel in danger around me?" (INH) asked, fidgeting with their hands in their lap trying to ignore their racing heart feeling the stranger's eyes glancing at him even though they'd heard the doctor tell the man not to stare too much earlier.

"Not at all (INH). It's just... hard to explain right now. Again, I won't force you so, if you're up for it, I'd like to let this man in on our session as much as you're comfortable with. Is it alright with you?" the doctor asked and was watching (INH) carefully but not looking at them too much knowing how uncomfortable they were with it who began to fidget a little with their hands again but they steeled themselves and nodded.

"If you think that's okay then... I trust you. Just... can he... you know...?" (INH) said and the doctor actually looked a little proud of them for a second.

"Oh course! Oh course. We'll have our normal meeting with the detective as a simple listener and talk after. That alright with you?" the doctor asked which (INH) agreed to with a nod who blushed a little seeing how proud the doctor was. "Detective, do you mind having a seat? We'll get things started by asking if they had a dream last night," the doctor said and offered a high backrest seat facing away from (INH) which the detective clearly found odd as he stood there staring at the chair and then arching a brow at the doctor. "It's either this or nothing at all. I explained to you the situation before you came here and there is no negotiation," the doctor said firmly, patting the chair while (INH) reclined on the recliner chair trying to ignore the detective's glances their way though it was hard as their heartbeat sped up a bit feeling the detective's gaze training on them before staring intently at the doctor.

"Is this really necessary? They have sco scoff... scop..." the detective asked and was trying to place the word but-

"Scopophobia, Mr. (INH). The fear of being watched," the doctor said seriously and offered the chair again to the detective. "My patient feels highly uncomfortable being looked at, even if it's just one person in the room. Not only that but they already have anxiety feeling that there are eyes constantly on them. It's been getting better with my help and their own will power but I'd rather they be as comfortable as possible during this specific session. Whether you are here in the room to hear for yourself or hear about it from me later. The choice is up to you," the doctor said with a calm smile and moved away to sit in his own chair that was also facing away from (INH) pulling out his own pen and pad to take notes with. The detective stared at him, involuntarily glanced at (INH) who tried to hide their flinch from his gaze, before he let out a sigh and walked over toward the chair before taking a seat. "Thank you."