Chapter 93

"So you were flirting with some girl while I was away, huh?" Nicholas asked, Mason trembling under the seething glare of his mate who cracked his knuckles looking ready to pummel the red head.

"W-we weren't flirting! I was just helping with the kids," Mason squeaked, hiding behind the couch when a tissue box went flying at Nicholas who let it bounce harmlessly off his chest.

"Dude, please don't be one of those toxic jealous boyfriends. It's disgusting," Henry said blandly, Hunter complementing Henry's throw urging him to throw something else. "Are you seriously going to stop Mason from doing what he wants?" Henry asked, glaring at Nicholas who ignored him with a roll of his eyes.

"You guys need to learn to take a joke," Nicholas said with a dismissive wave of his hand before jumping over the couch, easily catching Mason before he could run away. "So what'd the doctor say, ma?" Nicholas asked suddenly, changing the subject before Henry could hound him again, carrying Mason over toward the kitchen table where Milly was waiting for Ajax to finish making dinner.

"Now that I'm near my eighth month, the doctor encouraged me not to do anything too exciting. Also, Dr. Bee told me I should limit my shifting to once a week," Milly said, greeting Mason happily as Nicholas sat him down next to her. Hunter and Henry joined them too, Ajax pretending to sulk being left out since he was busy cooking.

"I thought you weren't supposed to shift while you're pregnant?" Henry asked, Hunter looking happy to see Henry looking so enthusiastic learning about werewolf things.

"That's true. That's why this last stretch is a little hard because I have to be careful not to hurt the baby. So, starting tomorrow, I'll actually be stuck in my wolf form," Milly said with a nervous laugh, Henry and Mason going pale. Nicholas and Hunter didn't look surprised but, like Ajax, looked a little nervous.

"You'll be stuck!?" Henry squeaked, looking like he was going to jump up to stop this even though it was completely out of his control.

"Not literally. I can shift back in case of an emergency but I should stay in my wolf form for a week and then change back to my human form until Dr. Bee tells me to stop. It's to help the baby get used to the feeling of shifting so they remember how to do it on their own when they're ready," Milly explained with a kind smile, clearly happy that Henry was worried about her.

"So, you'll be in your wolf form for an entire week, turn back, and then turn again the week after that?" Mason asked, trying to understand. "What about Roxanne's baby? She can't shift," Mason pointed out.

"Werewolf babies born from a human do struggle a little more with shifting than werewolf babies born from a werewolf. Not a significant difference, they get the hang of it eventually, but they do tend to struggle," Milly explained gently.

"Guess I can't invite any human friends over anytime soon. Oh darn," Henry said sarcastically, rolling his eyes while Hunter got up to help Ajax set the table. Nicholas joined them after Milly gave him a pointed look with an arched brow. "Will you be staying here in the house while in your wolf form or...?" Henry asked, looking a little excited as he asked this.

"I'll mostly be staying in the secluded house made for when the baby comes but I'll hang out here too," Milly said with a bright smile even as Ajax let out a small growl in protest. "What!? You want me to stay cooped up in the house by myself while you run the pack over here?" Milly snapped, glaring at Ajax's back who held up his hands in surrender.

"I said nothing," Ajax said lightly but his look said he clearly didn't like the idea.

"Will he flip out if I try to pet you?" Henry whispered to Milly who was happy once again, giggling as Ajax fixed an irritated gaze on Henry.