Chapter 81

Several hunter's went flying as Hunter charged ahead, reaching Mason who was struggling to free his leg as the hunter was trying to drag him under. Hunter reached down and yanked Mason off the ground, the hunter under the car letting out a cry as his arm banged on the front bumper hard enough that Mason swore he heard a cracking sound. All the hunter's were quick to converge on their location, a few carrying a weapon or two knowing the strength of an alpha, but Hunter didn't even give them a chance as he literally leapt up into the air over their heads with Mason clinging onto him in fright. They landed on the roof of Nicholas's truck where Hunter deposited Mason in the truck bed neck to Nicholas, who was still out of it much to Mason's concern, before Hunter pounced onto a small group of hunter's charging at the truck knocking them to the ground.

"Nick? Nicholas!" Mason called, gently pulling Nicholas's head into his lap gently slapping his cheek. "He didn't breathe anything lethal, did he?" Mason thought in panic, slapping his cheek a little harder the longer he went without waking, when a pair of hands gripped the sides of the truck bed startling the red head.

"Do these guys think their ninjas or something? John Wick wannabe's!" Henry snapped, absolutely livid, as he struggled to climb into the truck bed. "The attack of the teenage coven of snotty banshees and now for the sequel of ruining my first date ever, we have Shredder and his Foot Clan attacking us in broad daylight. Do they not fear the police at all? Is no one concerned that a group of men are running around with weapons straight out of a Jacky Chan movie?" Henry vented as he managed to swing his leg over the wall, falling into the truck bed with a huff. "How is he doing?"

"I don't know. He won't wake up!" Mason said, feeling tears threatening to fall, when a hand reached up and tugged on a lock of his hair.

"I'm not dead yet so if you could not cry on me, I'd appreciate it," Nicholas said with a small smile as he stared up at Mason, still a little out of it but Mason's panicked voice had stirred him more than any of the slapping had. "What just happened?"

"They knocked you out somehow and my boyfriend had to save your butt," Henry said with a cheeky smile, Nicholas glaring back at him, when another figure swung themselves up into the truck bed landing on his feet making Henry. "Show off!" Henry muttered when the man pulled a short sword from his jacket alarming Mason but Henry only smirked up at him. "Never bring a sword to a werewolf fight," Henry said just as Nicholas jumped to his feet and roundhouse kicked the hunter, the man flying through the air before crashing into a car shattering the window. "Hey! Someone has to pay for that!" Henry freaked, Mason sighing in relief since Nicholas seemed alright.

"Priorities, man," Nicholas said dryly before jumping out of the car to help Hunter who was struggling a little with a small group of hunters teaming up against him.

"Speaking of which, we should get you out of here. You seem to be their sole target," Henry said, looking around for more hunters but most were focusing on the young alpha's.

"What if they get hurt because of me? We can't just leave them," Mason said, wincing when Nicholas got hit by a baton which he snapped in half a second later, when another hunter jumped into the truck bed grabbing Henry in a chokehold. "NO!" Mason screamed, almost lunging forward but a hand on his shoulder stopped him while Christopher moved to stand right behind the truck with that smile that sent chills down Mason's spine.

"We're running into each other a lot today, aren't we Mason," Christopher said in a pleasant tone, like he was hoping to run into a business partner so they could talk about finance. Instead there was a brawl in the middle of a mall parking lot, two young men were sitting in a truck bed being restrained by hunter's, and the ring leader looked like he'd just scored big. "We've had a lot of near misses with you before this, haven't we. We'll get our hands on you and you somehow escape in some manner. Still curious how you did it the last time, you must be some kind of genius to be able to pick the lock in your other form, but no matter since we appear to have you now. Or should I say, we do have you since I've taken every precaution this time," Christopher said, grabbing a walkie-talkie from his belt while Mason glanced over at Henry.