Chapter 37

Here you are people! The three chapters I promised you and... Around 4K VOTES! Holy crap!!! Thank you everyone and... I love you~ (Evil cackling)

"Isn't he just darling?" the lead blonde, Jessica someone called her, as she and a whole flock of girls gushed around the little puppy who found himself sitting in a tall plastic bin they'd stolen from the science building. They were huddled together in the cafeteria, hiding from Henry it seemed like since Mason hadn't seen the blonde since their departure to have the cute little pup all to themselves. "I'm going to call him Alphonse," she said and all of them cooed at the French name given to the pup while Mason felt like scrunching his nose up in disgust.

"Do I look like an Alphonse to you?" Mason asked himself, cocking his head to the side up at them which only had them fawning over him more.

"Where'd you get him from?"

"Can I hold him?"

"How old is he?"

"Can he do any tricks?"

All these questions were directed to Jessica who was loving the attention, beaming proudly as she reached over and stroked Mason's fur who tried to duck away from her hand but he only had a small limited space to move around so he was often cornered and petted at their leisure. Mason had tried to get out of the plastic bucket a few times, once seceded to jump up and latch his front claws on the edge to pull himself up but was easily knocked over back inside.

"What is all this?" a voice demanded, all the girls turning to look up and gasped as they realized who it was.

"V-Vice Principal Lovedale. What can we do for you?" Jessica asked coolly, standing in front of the bucket trying to block it from view from the tall slim lady who had a little baby bump sticking out of her pantsuit which only tightened as she gripped her hips in annoyance. "Are you here to thank me for the new computers my father supplied to the school? He did it on my recommendation, you know?" Jessica said with a bright smile but Lovedale wasn't having any of it.

"Ms. Norton, animals are not allowed on school grounds no matter who you are or who your father is. You know this and yet... here's a dog," Vice Principal Lovedale said, gesturing before her at Jessica's hip where she could see Mason in the bucket peering around Jessica to get a look at the woman. Her long brown hair was up in a bun and she had slim rectangular glasses perched on her nose just below her light brown eyes. "You will step aside and head to class right now. That thing is coming with me and you're parents can come pick him up later once they have been called."

"Um, I think not. I'll take him home myself since I already have an A in history. Missing one class won't kill me," Jessica said with a smirk, an almost victorious smile on her face, until Lovedale stepped into her personal space and grabbed the edge of the bucket.

"You can pick your pet up with a parent at the end of the day. If you do not come for it by six thirty, I will be calling the pound and you can deal with them. This is not up for debate," Mrs. Lovedale said and swiftly slid the bucket off the cafeteria table, resting it on her hip causing Mason to slide toward the bucket wall as it tilted a little, and walked away while the gaggle of girls gawking after her. "You will also be serving a whole month of detention so I hope it was worth it. See you in afternoon detention," Mrs. Lovedale said with a bright smile over her shoulder before taking Mason away who looked from one woman to the other.

"Um... what's going to happen to me?" Mason thought to himself, wishing Henry would pop up to his rescue at any moment.

Sadly, Henry was searching through the halls during this time, unaware of Mason's plight.

"Just let me out already!" Mason cried out in irritation, body slamming into the side of the tub but Mason was too small to move it more than an inch which Mrs. Lovedale easily corrected with her slim hand easily sliding the tub back where she had set it on her desk. She was working currently, typing onto a computer and taking a few parent calls. One even led to a student leaving early for a dentist appointment after the lunch break was over who gave Mason a scratch behind his ear before leaving. "Can I go home?" Mason kept asking but his voice was unheard by the woman who would glance down every now and then to check on him, Mason barking once or twice hoping maybe a nearby werewolf would hear him, but no one came to his rescue until Jessica came during fifth period with a burly young man wearing a football jersey.