Chapter 22

"So he is...?" Milly questioned, cradling the sobbing Mason in her arms as she stared at Henry who was looking down at her stomach in amazement.

"You know, my aunt Cydney got pregnant and honestly looked like she'd be stung all over by bees and swollen up like a balloon but your beautiful. I never knew what that 'pregnancy glow' thing was about but you have it," Henry said with a smile, Milly blushing brightly and giggling to herself. "Is that a werewolf thing? Is there a baby wolf in there or does it shift inside her?" he asked, looking up at Ajax at the same time as Milly whose eyes widened in shock.

"Mason kind of shifted in front of this kid here at the library before I could get there and there's a weak diluted wolfsbane plant in his bag that's, thankfully, not poisonous since it's not pure wolfsbane but Mason, an Omega and a fresh wolf in a new pack, wasn't prepared for the shock of it so he sort of sneezed into a shift," Ajax explained with a tired sigh, pushing Henry away from his mate who was still staring at her stomach.

"Seriously, what form is the baby in? Can she shift with it in her? Oh! Does it shift when she shifts or does that hurt the baby?" Henry asked as he was pushed over to the couch and forced to sit down.

"Mention my woman or my baby again and I really will rip you in half," Ajax growled, glaring down at him with a flash of red in his irritated blue eyes which had Henry swallowing audibly.

"Don't scare the baby," Milly warned, glaring at Ajax who rolled his eyes while petting Mason who was crying into her chest.

"I'm a horrible pack member," Mason thought to himself, sniffling even as Milly petted his back.

"You are not a horrible pack member, love. Your too adorable to be one and it's not like you revealed it on purpose," Milly said, cooing at him and had Mason sitting his rump on top of her belly with his chest lying over hers with his head looking up at her as big fat tears rolled down his cheeks over his fur.

"I should be banished or put on trial. I'll accept any punishment you deem fit for this horrible scenario," Mason said, hiccupping which had Milly giggling.

"Alright, I'll punish you with cuddles," Milly cooed and started smooching Mason all over who squirmed and tried not to laugh.

"But this is really bad. Someone, a human no less, knows what we are now and it's all my fault," Mason said, hiccupping three times in a row that made Mason cringe. "That felt weird."

"You want me to scare the hiccups away or get you a bowl of water? Unless you'd like to shift," Milly asked aloud while Ajax was in the middle of taking off his coat and sitting in one of the love seats to stare at Henry but Henry whirled around and stared over the back of the couch.

"Could I watch?" Henry asked eagerly, Milly so startled she jumped and put one of her hands on her belly while the other curled around Mason's little body with her other hand.

"You wanna watch Mason shift from this tiny little wolf to a young man?" Milly asked, pointing at Mason. Henry nodded eagerly, smiling until he saw Milly smiling with an amused giggle like she knew something he didn't. "Are you aware that when a werewolf shifts back into our wolf forms, we either need to undress or risk ripping our clothes? Unless we're Mason or our clothes are stretchy," Milly asked him with a giggle, Ajax smirking at Henry who didn't seem to catch on right away as he arched a brow at the pregnant Luna. "That means, usually, that we will be naked when we change back," Milly trailed off, laughing to herself as Henry pinked.

"So when Mason turns back he'll...?" Both Luna and Alpha smiled at him, Mason ducking behind Milly's hand in embarrassment as he whimpered and sniffled. "I think I'll wait down here."

"Good idea," Milly giggled, moving toward the stairs but then she stopped and stared up at the second landing for a good while. Then looked down at her stomach and looked over her shoulder at Ajax who was already getting up out of his chair. "Can you take Mason upstairs? My back has been bugging me all day and my ankles too," Milly asked with a pout, Ajax carefully scooping Mason up before leaning down and kissing Milly who smiled up at him in gratitude.

"After we put the kids to bed, I'll give you a nice massage before bed," Ajax said into Milly's ear who beamed up at him.

"I'll be waiting eagerly," Milly purred, pulling Ajax down for another kiss. A very long kiss that lasted so long that Mason started squirming in Ajax's hands trying to get out from between them and Henry's eyes averting his gaze anywhere else throughout the room.

"Milly."

"Yes Ajax?" she purred, fisting the front of his shirt with both hands. Ajax had Mason pressed against his chest, hence the squirming, with his free hand against Milly's belly that was between them.

"I have to take Mason upstairs and talk to the kid on our couch about the whole werewolf secret thing and its dangerous to continue the way we are right now," Ajax said, chuckling as Milly whined and complained that his lips were moving and not on hers.

"That's kind of the point," Milly said with a devilish grin, Ajax swallowing audibly who's pupils dilated and it looked like he'd give in right then and there until he physically shook his head and gave her a firm look.

"You will stop this right now or I'm taking you upstairs and quarantining you in our room until I'm finished here," Ajax said seriously, fixing her with a stare which Milly acted like was affecting her for a moment before smiling at him and pulling him back down to talk into his ear.

"I'll fill it with my pheromones while we wait so you're ready right when you walk in," Milly growled low in her throat, Ajax swallowing audibly and stared with his jaw dropped as Milly made her way up the stairs after taking Mason from him humming a merry tune in her head.

"Wow. Are all werewolf mates like that or is it specifically a Alpha-Luna relationship? Or is it a pregnant werewolf thing?" Henry asked curiously as Ajax watched his mate go upstairs with Mason until she'd slipped into their room down the hall after dropping Mason off in his room.

"That was a 'I've got the hottest mate in the world'," Ajax said dreamily, plopping down on the couch with a wide smile on his face before turning to Henry. "Who are you?"

"The human who discovered your secret who you took home with you," Henry told him, flat out, which had Ajax nodding his head as he came down from his high.

"Ah."