Chapter 44

10/19/21 So... Wattpad contacted me and I have no idea if I should be worried or not, if you (my readers) should be worried or not, or if we should be worried or not but they contacted me saying my story as some "mature content" which it does, like Roxanne's story. I plan to put a warning before that chapter since a fan pointed it out but I forgot so Ima go back and fix that soon. Basically, this notice is to let you under 18 people of the possibility Wattpad might do something, or force me to put this story on "Mature" and I do apologize if that does happen. Also, I apologize to everyone if they pull my story down altogether because I didn't change the maturity thingy because I don't know if I have to since I myself have read some "interesting" things on Wattpad while underage myself so... If this gets pulled, this is your warning. If you know it's not too important, like they won't actually do anything or something, could you let me know or vice versa: tell me if I should hop-to or else. Thank you and please enjoy this chapter.
Just saved all chapters to a Google Doc for safe keeping incase Wattpad decides my story isn't... okay or something? IDK but you can be sure that you'll still be able to find my book again if the worst happens and it might even be better after I edit it. Love you all! Thank you for over 7K VOTES! Holy cow...

"I wanna go home," Mason growled and was glaring at the door, waiting for it to open so he could make his escape but Stephanie proved a formidable foe who used the master foot maneuver, simply sticking her foot out in front of the door crack to block Mason from racing away or gently pushing his aside so she could slip through, to keep him inside the guest house they had housed her in during her stay. "Next time, I'll bite at her ankles until she lets me past," Mason thought who was perched on top of the couch, lying on top of the back rest ready to pounce at any moment when Stephanie came back from her "Nicholas hunt" possibly with him or without. Ajax talked about it himself and said the odds were fifty-fifty while we were back at the pack house.

Mason whimpered as he thought about what had happened and he really wanted to smack some people, even sweet Milly though her smack would be akin to the strength of a newborn. Ajax had taken Milly upstairs after her little break down who kept sobbing about her baby, Mason barking and even managed to tip over the bag finally so he could run on the counter trying to get their attention but Milly was taken away and Ajax talked with Stephanie for a long while before she left with Mason. She took him back home, gave him his promised pork bits in bite sized pieces for his little maw, and then took off and foiling Mason's first escape attempt. It irritated him greatly but there was nothing he could do. He was so frickin' small!

"Why couldn't I be bigger! If I was the size of a golden retriever puppy, I might be able to push her leg away and run like hell!" Mason snapped to himself, using his paw to smack his own forehead, before pouting with his cheeks puffed out, fuming. "When is she getting back?" Mason wondered with a sigh, yawning to himself, and curled his body around himself in a more comfortable position.

"Who's my little cutie? I won't wake you up but I don't want to leave you out here all alone. Should I take you to my room?" a voice said and Mason felt his fur shift a little as something brushed against the fur on top of his head.

"No~! Go away," Mason whined and rolled over onto his side, kicking his back leg out trying to shoo away his nuisance but it giggled at him and scratched under his chin causing Mason to groan. "Right there. That's the spot," Mason moaned and reached out for the scratching tool with his paw when it pulled away until it returned to his chin again.

"Oh~ You are the cutest!" a voice quietly squealed before pulling away altogether causing Mason to whine loudly which turned into a howl.

"Come back! The petting must commence," Mason begged, rolling over trying to find the petting tool when the ground gave way under him causing him to drop suddenly. Mason let out a shrill yelp as he fell, wide awake now, and flopped onto the couch cushion below where he bounced once into the air with another yelp before clinging onto the couch cushion with his claws trying to calm his heart. "What just happened? D-did I fall off a cliff?" Mason asked, wheezing, before looking around him. There was the couch he was on, the back rest looming above him like a cliff wall, and the house itself was quiet. Vacant. Empty. "GHOSTS!" Mason screeched, terrified, when the bathroom door opened.