Chapter 32

"So you want me to kneel before you, bow, whatever to show my... 'submission' so my baby can show you a sense of respect or something so you can allow me into your pack or whatever?" Roxanne asked when Ajax was done explaining, standing next to the markings on the floor where Mason had once stood for his joining. Henry and Mason were sitting on the floor cross-legged, listening to all this like school children learning a new lesson from their teacher who was pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

Ajax had explained this three times to Roxanne and everyone; First at the house which seemed to fly over everyone's heads, the next on the way to the meeting hall where a few beta's had joined them even though it was late into the evening with everyone else joining once they could get here after putting their children down for bed or let dinner simmer, and now once again after Ajax, Milly, and Roxanne had been decked out in the ceremonial paint. "Basically, yes. To be apart of my pack, you need to show some form of submission to me. What part of this are you not getting?" Ajax asked, clearly getting annoyed, while Milly was rubbing his back to comfort him though weary of the paint.

"I mean... why does my baby need to do that exactly? You said it is an alpha, the leader type or the king, so why does he have to show you any kind of respect? You aren't trying to trick me so you can have another alpha in your pack or something, are you?" Roxanne asked, one question after the other, and was eyeing the paint on her stomach wearing a similar outfit to Milly with the tube top and skirt. "Also, what the hell is up with this outfit!? You a bunch of perverts?"

"Would you rather staying within the borders of my land in my territory, gambling the chances my wolf won't take over my body, forcing me into a shift, and attack an intruding alpha on my lands which is, in fact, your baby?" Ajax asked with a bittersweet smile on his face, clearly about to snap though if it was because of his wolf or just his own personality was unclear.

"You would honestly attack an innocent baby?" Roxanne demanded, Nicholas coming up behind her rubbing her shoulders while Roxanne eyed the long haired man suspiciously.

"Me? No, I absolutely hate the idea of hurting children. I'd gladly kill anyone who would hurt a child, especially in its most fragile state in the womb," Ajax said honestly, looking down at Roxanne. Then he leaned down and his eyes were red in the blink of an eye and he suddenly looked agitated glaring at the blonde. "Me, however," Ajax's voice said but his tone was all different, like she was speaking to someone else entirely. "You dare intrude upon my lands and go near my mate and my cub!" Ajax... Amarok roared, all the betas in the room dropping down to their knees and bowing their heads to their alpha. Mason himself bowed so low his forehead was pressed to the ground, whimpering a little. Henry slowly bowed too, even though he wasn't a wolf, who suddenly looked really awkward with the rising tension around them. Then Ajax blinked again and his eyes were back to their blue, standing up straight and took a step away from her pulling Milly with him. "This is why it'd be better if you joined the pack since my son seems intent on letting you stay with us. Unless you'd rather stay at the local motel," Ajax said, hand on his hip, and smiled again at Roxanne.

Roxanne stared back at him, speechless, while Nicholas rolled his eyes. "Dad, can you stop the tough guy act and let us all get this over with? Don't need to make a big deal about it," Nicholas said and guided Roxanne toward the circle in the middle while Ajax walked Milly to her circle.

"The 'tough guy act'. He's acting like I'm trying to seem strong and imposing for intimidation instead of finding a way to calm Amarok before I rip that woman in half," Ajax muttered through the pack link, a low growl on his lips when Milly pulled him down for a kiss.

"You know I love you. I know you would never hurt her," Milly said with a kind smile. Then she grabbed his ear and pulled him down to her level. "Plus, you know I'd never talk to you again if you even dared lay a hand on her at all, don't you," Milly said with an evil grin that caused everyone to tremble and the beta's to fall to their hands and knees.