Chapter 94

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Henry began the minute he stepped into Ajax's office, Ajax leaning against his desk pinching his nose waiting for the blonde to explain himself. "My teacher suddenly sprung a group project on us, some kind of presentation nonsense that I bet I'm going to do by myself knowing those guys out there. Anyway! We started talking about where we're going to study and they all had some kind of problem with every single location we came up with. Jessica's mom is redoing the second floor of their mansion so it's too noisy to work there, Kale has family over so his house is too packed, Tracy refuses to let anyone near her home or more accurately to see her step mother, so they all unanimously agreed to come to 'my house' even though I told them we couldn't," Henry said in one big rush, panting heavily when he was done before slumping down onto one of the chairs groaning as he felt a headache coming on.

"Why didn't you tell us they were coming? Or better yet! Why didn't you take them somewhere else like, I don't know, the library?" Ajax asked, his voice stern making Henry squirm in his seat which Ajax felt a little bad about but it was taking all he had in him not to rip off Tracy's hands that were still petting Milly's head, giving her chin a good scratch, and even touching her stomach. Amarok almost went berserk over that but Ajax just barely managed to calm him before his eyes began to glow.

"I tried! I even suggested the library but, like I said, they had a problem no matter what was suggested. We couldn't go to the library because Kale heard two of his ex-girlfriends would be there, Jessica refused to study in the park because it was beneath her to sit in grass and dirt apparently, Tracy didn't want to go to a coffee shop because she hates the small of coffee, none of them wanted to go to an internet café because they all agreed it would be filled with nerds. The list goes on and on and before I knew it, we were all getting into Kale's car and driving here. I would have called you but some guys in my math class thought it'd be a great idea to cheat during a quiz so everyone's phone's got confiscated and only a parent or guardian can get it back for us," Henry said miserably, mumbling about how he felt so bad leaving Hunter in the parking lot but Ajax could already smell Hunter approaching the packhouse.

There was a moment of silence, Ajax rubbing his temples while Henry looked down at the floor unable to look him in the eyes, before Ajax finally let out a sigh after hearing some comforting words from Milly. He also heard about how Koda had suddenly pounced on Tracy's head managing to latch onto the clip-on bow and was currently whipping it around in his mouth making the children in the living room laugh. "Alright, here's what we're going to do," Ajax said, softening his words as Henry wiped his sweaty palms against his jeans. "You and your classmates can study in the kitchen. Try to find a better study place tomorrow but, if you really can't find any better place, you can work here. I'll sit with Milly up in our room for now," Ajax said with a kind smile, Henry giving him a grateful looking.

"I promise, I'll convince them to work somewhere else, or at the very least, that this place is off limits. I just got so caught up in the moment, literally cause Jessica shoved me in the back set of Kale's car, but I'm going to put my foot down and-"

"Henry," Ajax interrupted with a wry smile.

"Yes?"

"Go study. We're losing daylight," Ajax chuckled, steering Henry by his shoulders towards the door where everyone was waiting in the living room. "Alright kids, say bye to the doggy. She needs to go rest up in her bed upstairs but feel free to study at the dining table. There's plenty of snacks in the pantry if you get hungry," Ajax said pleasantly, winking at Milly who glared at him for the "doogy" comment but she stood up and made her way over to him regardless. Koda had abandoned the bow and was now in a downward dog position, tail wagging in the air as Tracy was drumming her fingers on the ground. She moved her hand to the right, to the left, her fingers went still and then her hand seemed to pounce forward causing Koda to dart away before he came racing play biting at Tracy's fingers who giggled. Hunter came over with his bottom lip sticking out, pouting while Henry apologized quietly to him pulling the tall alpha into a hug before turning back to the group.