Chapter 26

"Irresponsible, inconsiderate, selfish, moronic, pigheaded, ungrateful, insensitive, self-centered. Would you like me to continue?" Ajax asked with a bright smile that didn't quite meet his hell's-fire eyes as he stared down at the young man currently tied to a tree in the backyard of the pack house where he had spent the rest of the night to repent on his actions.

"If I say no, would you actually listen?" Nicholas asked, seriously but it came out in a sassy tone that Ajax clearly didn't like who looked like he was going to ring the boy's neck until Milly put a soothing hand on his arm and murmured in his ear to help him relax. Nicholas rolled his eyes as his parents started talking telepathically to one another so he couldn't hear, probably deciding on his punishment for last nights episode, when he looked over and caught a glimpse of both Mason and Henry peeking their heads out the back door. It immediately slammed shut, Henry letting out a yelp from inside since Mason had probably yanked it closed suddenly and knocked him over, which had Nicholas rolling his eyes before turning back to look up at his father who was frowning down at him even as Milly was still trying to talk to him through their mind link. "Can you untie me please? I've lost all feeling in my arms," Nicholas asked, squirming a bit but they ropes had been tied too tightly and he knew he'd be in big trouble if he ripped through them with his overwhelming strength.

"So you're saying if I cut off your arms as your punishment, you wouldn't feel a thing?" Ajax asked with a bittersweet smile, Milly elbowing him in the gut with a frown before turning to look at Nicholas.

"Can you please just explain why you felt the need to sneak your way into the territory? Let's start with this and work out way through it, alright?" Milly said calmly as she turned to looked at Ajax and then back to her son, both of her men shrugging their shoulders with twin grunts of acknowledgment. "You better be a girl," Milly muttered down to her belly, rubbing her stomach with both hands with an exasperated sigh before looking to her son to hear his explanation.

"Honestly? I knew you'd make a big production out of it and I didn't want to deal with that," Nicholas said simply, looking behind his parents to spy the boys peeking through the back door. Again, it slammed closed and this time Henry grumbled about his skull nearly getting crushed with apologies from the red head.

"You could have just told us that instead of trying to sneak inside the house like some kind of thief," Milly said, throwing one hand up in the air as the other grabbed Ajax's hand and placed it on her belly so he could feel the baby kicking which distracted the alpha from his anger for the moment.

"Would you have honestly listened?" Nicholas shot back, giving them both a knowing look and nodded to himself when they both averted their gazes.

"Alright fine. Maybe you didn't want to enjoy your future pack who hasn't seen you in two whole years, to get to know them again and have a great big welcome back party with your favorite pie waiting for you that your mother has been practicing to get right just waiting for the day when you would dine to grace us with your presence, but why in the hell did you feel the need to force someone to sneak you in? You could have just snuck in on your own but you forced another werewolf to listen to your alpha command which could have killed him. You know that! I taught you that, how alpha's in the past would force werewolves not in their pack to obey them just to die or go insane afterward, and yet you irresponsibly forced Mason to heed your commands. You're lucky he's a part of my pack, which means your command is still connect to me, or else he might not be with us right now," Ajax growled, low in his throat, which had Nicholas glancing yet again at the back door which, yet again, slammed shut hiding the two boys behind the door. Nicholas stared at the door for a long time, not breaking eye contact, and actually smirked when it cracked open revealing a pair of blue irises that took one glance to see him staring back for the door to slam shut for the fourth time and he could hear the young man scrambling away from the door until the sound proof walls made it impossible to hear him anymore. "Eyes up here," Ajax growled, stepping in Nicholas's line of view who let out a sigh and let his head rest back against the tree trunk looking bored.