Chapter 40

Five thousand votes flipped by so fast that we are now over SIX THOUSAND VOTES! Thank you everyone for reading with me so far and I love you all very much. Please leave comments, I love reading them, and let me know what you think about the story whether you like it or would like to give me some constructive criticism. Happy reading!

"Go Amelia! You can do it!" the woman called out to her daughter, cheering her little girl on as she and the other parents watched the game go on.

Mason found himself lying in the baby carrier that was currently empty, the baby sitting on his mother's lap who kept squealing when his mother cheered, who had a small leash borrowed from one of the other parents attached to his collar that had been tied to the carrier handle above him. Mason was sitting at the rim and honestly felt depressed, watching the children run back and forth across the field kicking the black and white soccer ball across the field.

There wasn't a single werewolf here! Not even from a rival pack, a rouge. Nada, nothing, zilch. Just a bunch of human children with almost twice as many adults.

"Hello?" Mason called out through the pack link that seemed to be working now, it didn't hurt him to use it anymore, but the silence through the link was really starting to worry him as he kept trying. "Does the collar sever the connection and the muzzle hurt me when I try to use the link?" Mason wondered to himself as he watched Amelia shoot the game winning shot who screamed with excitement before cheering with her team.

"That's my baby!" the mother called, standing up and she hurried over with her son who was squealing with what looked like excitement even though he clearly had no idea what was going on around him which was cute.

Mason let out a sigh, sitting near the foot rest with his chin resting on the edge of the carrier when he watched a man cross the field toward the mother and Amelia who called out to him. "Sorry I'm late, traffic, but I saw that last shot. That's my baby girl!" the man said, giving his wife a kiss on the lips before picking Amelia up who squealed and hugged her father tightly.

"I'm not a baby," she pouted and they gushed over one another, the man blowing a raspberry against his son's cheek who squealed like a piggy, and they looked so happy. Like Ajax and Milly...

"I wanna go home," Mason thought to himself, watching them, when he blanched suddenly. "Well, it's not exactly my home. I mean, it is now because I joined the pack, but the pack house isn't my home. Not permanently of course. I'm saving up for my own apartment within the pack. And it's not like Ajax and Milly are my parents. I don't know why I thought about them. Their just the Alpha and Luna. They belong to everyone. And they already have a son! And a baby on the way. And they didn't adopt me. And... and..." Mason trailed off as he watched the woman and the man talk, the little baby boy grabbing Amelia's fingers who were wiggling them at him before tickling him. The siblings interacting, the parents so in love. So happy... "I wanna go home," Mason thought again and felt tears threatening to spill over as his ear fell flat on his head and he let out a little whimper before moving his head so he could lay down in the carrier.

"I'm a superhero!" Mason heard Amelia's voice call out as they drew close to the carrier, Mason looking up with his eyes to spy the towering humans approaching the foldable chair the woman had brought with her to sit down on to watch the game. "I saved him from really bad men," Amelia said proudly, smiling a toothy grin as she was set on her feet looking up at her dad for praise it seemed like.

"Who'd you save?" he asked, smiling down at her, when his face contorted suddenly and he turned away just before he let out a loud sneeze which made Mason jump and the baby to squeak in alarm.

"Elphan?" the baby questioned, looking around for the elephant causing his mother to snort suddenly who turned her face away trying to contain her laughter.