Chapter 92

Mason stared at the ceiling in his room, listening to the scratch of a pencil and the crinkle of papers as Henry worked on his homework. Mason was lying on his bed, hands folded on top of his stomach, who let out a sigh feeling bored. Unfortunately, everyone was very busy today so Mason had no one to hang out with. Ajax and Nicholas were handling some alpha business with Hunter tagging along correlating between his father and them. Milly was at a check-up with the doctor about the baby and also checking up on Roxanne in Nicholas' steed who was doing much better thanks to Morgana. Rory was also too busy with homework so Mason was left on his own.

"What the hell am I supposed to use this information for!?" Henry suddenly raged causing Mason to jump out of his skin, sitting straight up in alarm looking around for danger. "Why the hell do I need to learn all the parts that make up a plant? Why does this need to be general knowledge students need to learn? Volcanoes are understandable, and awesome. Knowing how the weather works? Not going to save you from a tornado if it's coming right at you but it can be helpful, like learning how to detect when a storm is coming and preparing beforehand. Learning about the earth and what causes earthquakes? Scary but interesting. But what the hell am I supposed to do with the information about where a plant makes pollen? Why would anyone want to know this!? Other than a gardener, obviously, but I sure as hell don't got a green thumb. Ask my third grade teacher, Ms. Rory. She never trusted me again after I somehow made my seed shrivel up," Henry ranted as he glared at his science textbook, laying his head down on the desk groaning audibly.

"Well, did you give it any water?" Mason asked, sitting cross legged on the edge of the bed.

"Uh... I think a little," Henry said, staring off into space trying to remember. After a small while, a look of realization dawned on his face. "Wow. Insight," Henry gasped, Mason covering his mouth to keep the laughter from escaping out. "See! No one should trust me near any plants," Henry insisted, letting out a long sigh. "I'm going to get some water. Come with me?" Henry said as he stood up from the desk chair, stretching his arms over his head.

"Sure!" Mason said, jumping up from the bed but he felt a little awkward hearing how eager he sounded for some kind of entertainment from boredom. "How are you and Hunter doing? I heard you're planning to visit his pack during your next school break," Mason asked as he followed Henry down the stairs who was complaining about his hand hurting.

"We're doing good. Great, actually," Henry said with an infectious smile, forgetting about his homework as he thought of the young alpha. "I feel like we've known each other for years," Henry swooned, collapsing onto the couch while Mason went to get them some water. "He just seems to understand me so well, like he knows what I'm thinking without me saying anything. And I feel like I can tell him anything," Henry said as he squealed, kicking his legs in the air like a school girl.

"I bet you can," Mason teased, setting Henry's glass on the coffee table. "You two have been inseparable since he proposed," Mason said with a giggle, taking a sip of his water when he choked as Henry suddenly sat up straight staring at Mason intently.

"He's planning to propose!?" Henry asked, his eyes sparkling with delight. Mason could practically see the blonde's tail wagging a mile a minute behind him like an eager puppy getting a treat.

"I meant the way he announced that you were his mate. It was like a proposal," Mason said carefully, eyeing Henry like he was afraid the eager puppy would pounce on him at any moment. "I don't think I fully understood how hard Henry fell for Hunter," Mason thought, chuckling to himself as Henry squealed over the memory though he was slightly disappointed. "Do you want Hunter to propose to you?" Mason mused and laughed when Henry let out yet another high pitched squeal, burying his face into the cushions to muffle the noise while kicking his feet.