Chapter 65

1/27/22 Hey guys! It hasn't been that long but I haven't been able to write the next chapter cause there were some technical difficulties with Wattpad. It was weird! It was happening on both my laptop and phone, either it sent me to the last chapter or the added chapter appeared behind chapter 64. It was really weird but it fixed itself somehow.

Also, I'm going to try and make the chapters longer and see how it goes. 2000 just doesn't seem like enough words to fit in everything so I'm going to start with 2500 and see how that works. Tell me what you guys think in the comments and be sure to vote on the chapters. Love you all~

"How can you not know!?" Hunter hissed at Mason, clutching Henry to his chest like his life depended on it. The party was still going on, mainly newly formed couples rejoicing with their family and friends or enjoying the slow song the DJ just put on, but in a dark corner by the cars sat both alpha's and their mates, Hunter who hadn't set Henry down since he'd caught him carrying the young man bridal style until they'd sat down on a picnic blanket, Roxanne and Stephanie, and little Mason who was currently the center of attention who felt even smaller than normal as they all stared at him waiting for his response making the red head whimper a little.

"We only just met a few months ago! He's my best friend but he's also the first friend I've ever had in my entire life. I don't know what he's thinking," Mason said, shrinking back as Hunter glared down at him with a low growl when Milly hugged Mason into her side rubbing his shoulder in comfort.

"It'll be okay. Henry will wake up and we'll figure this all out later. I'm sure he's just too overwhelmed and just needs some time to rest," Milly said with a smile, trying to calm everyone but Hunter still had a growl in the back of his throat eyeing everyone suspiciously like they were all his enemy aiming for his mate. Others were also in a bit of shock, Roxanne staring ahead unseeing with both hands rubbing her belly absentmindedly.

"She declares I'm her mate and then just leaves. Who the hell does that!? Is that normal for you people to just drop that bomb on someone so suddenly? Well, clearly! We've got the protective guard dog over there with his precious mate who fainted because of him. Bunch of freaks!" Roxanne said, getting increasingly angry which was clearly the work of her hormones acting up. Still annoyed quite a few of the werewolves but they ignored it and moved on.

"Morgana has... an interesting past. Give her some time and she'll come around again," Ajax said with a kind, slightly irritated, smile and tried to be comforting to her but he got glared at with mutterings of werewolves acting "high and mighty" under her breath. "Welp, I tried. Your turn," Ajax said, clapping Jayden on the back and turned to look down at Mason who was avoiding all eye contact with Hunter who seemed to be trying to intimidate the answer out of him. "How about you take Henry back to the packhouse and wait until he wakes up? There's nothing much you could do now so just try to relax. Mason, you can go back to the party if you like or you can go back with Hunter to keep him company," Ajax suggested, smiling down at the two of them.

"I think that's a good idea. You need to calm down and Henry needs to rest," Hannah second, sitting next to Hunter and gave him a kiss on his temple with a soft smile on her face before looking down at Henry giving the blonde a kiss on the forehead too. "Welcome to the family," she whispered, getting a little teary eyed.

"I-I guess," Hunter mumbled, cracking a small smile though he was still watching his mother carefully looking a little jealous of the invisible kiss mark to the point that he pressed his lips against the same spot.

"I'll go with him. I'm worried about Henry and he might need some emotional support with this crazy scenario," Mason said, Milly nodding her head in approval, and both boys stood up getting into the SUV to wait for Ajax to drive them back to the packhouse.