Chapter 41

When you are looking up different dog breeds for your story and you look up "baby corgi" <3
I wanted to add a video so you guys can watch what I saw but I don't know how to do that

"Aren't you just adorable," a young man with dyed blue hair with black roots said, pecking Mason on the cheek over and over who was squirming in his hands and trying to push his face away with his paws but was only pushing against the young man's cheeks. "I'm sure we'll find you a great home in no time."

"I already have a home!" Mason snapped, thrashing in the man's hands until he was set back down inside the counter pen that sat right in front of the store front window of the Pet Kingdom Pet Shop. Inside already where six other small puppies; a pair of pomsky twins who stuck together, a basset hound who mostly slept or ate, a full grown chihuahua who seemed to despise everything under the sun, a blonde terrier, a baby corgi that was only three weeks old, and a young beagle who wouldn't stop following Mason around like... well, a puppy, who kept trying to wrestle with the small wolf cub. Even when the pet shop worker was holding Mason, fawning over him gushing about how much he wanted to take Mason home but his boyfriend wouldn't let him take anymore home with him. "Will you go away!" Mason snapped when the man kept trying to pet him, Mason barking and biting at his hands though that didn't seem to deter the man's opinion about his cuteness one bit.

"I'll come back later after I check on the cats so hang tight you guys. And act cute!" the young man said with a chuckle before moving away through the pet store. There was one other counter pen in front of the window, on the other side of the door leading into the pet store, that had kittens inside with their mother cat who had given birth to them. They were a "package deal" according to the sign and one woman did seem interested who had walked past a while ago.

Diana, the manager of Pet Kingdom Pet Shop, had brought Mason early in the morning to get a small check up before they settled how to sell him to the "perfect family". She demanded he keep his "oh so cute collar" which had Mason smacking his head against the wall a few times in frustration, the beagle barking worriedly at him before taking him to the ground, and Mason could do nothing but sit around with the other six dogs inside the window pen. The twins kept playing together which was really cute, the chihuahua was laying in the corner pretending to sleep but would snap out suddenly whenever anyone got to close to him, the basset hound was lying on his back kicking his legs out, and the rest of the puppies were mostly following Mason around trying to play wrestle or cuddle up to the young wolf cub. It was mid afternoon and thankfully no one had come by to adopt any dogs, or wolf cubs to be more accurate, but Mason knew that wouldn't last forever.

"How am I supposed to escape? I can't shift because of the collar. I can't use the pack link because of something in the collar. I'm stuck!" Mason panicked and tried to climb out of the pen, attempting to jump up on the wall, but he was too small. Even the beagle, who was bigger than Mason, couldn't hop out who tried when Mason did, copying him with a happy bark with his tongue lulling out. "You are cute but irritation," Mason grumbled, in a bad mood, and slumped onto the ground with a tired huff, watching the beagle copy him again.

"Welcome!" the young man called out as the shop door opened, a young girl with bright green eyes and strawberry blonde hair that was pulled into a high pony tail on top her head that had clearly been curled. "Can I help you with anything?" the young man asked the woman, brushing his blue hair out of his eyes as he gave the girl a business smile who looked around the store. Especially the kitty box where the kittens were being extra noisy because the bell above the door had rung which they either liked or really hated. Mason wasn't too sure about that.

"I'm just looking around for something as a gift and thought I'd try in here. Is there anything you'd recommend as a birthday gift?" the young woman asked who appeared to be around sixteen to seventeen years old but the scent of wolf was thick in the air but clearly not part of the Mune pack. Different packs have different scents to them just like different werewolves have varying scents to them. This girl smelled both like milkweed and pine tree's, and oddly enough like cotton candy. "What would you get someone you really like, in like, a romantic way?" she asked, looking nervous and giddy at the same time.