Chapter 86

"I don't wanna go to school!" Henry whined like a child even as Hunter led the way down the stairs pulling the blonde behind him like a kite by his hand who reluctantly followed him down the stairs.

"How old are you again?" Nicholas asked with a roll of his eyes, laying on the couch with Mason in his little wolf form resting on his chest.

They had come home late and watched some TV together to distract Mason when Koda suddenly wanted to come out. Other than the meeting where Mason was supposed to pledge his loyalty to Nicholas, and the pet store incident, Koda had never really interacted with Nicholas and he wanted to play. He had shifted as Mason and Nicholas were cuddling, disappearing into Mason's clothes. Nicholas drew him out and played with Koda, finding his little bouncy ball in the kitchen and throwing it around the living room watching Koda chasing after the bright yellow ball before returning it to Nicholas. When Koda tired, returning after the fetching the ball slower and slower each time, Nicholas had scooped the little wolf cub into his hand and they'd fallen asleep on the couch.

"Don't even start with me Mr. Popular alpha," Henry growled venomously, glaring at the young alpha even as Hunter rubbed his back urging him to the kitchen to get himself some breakfast. "If Jessica even looks at me, I'm going to lose my-!"

"Calm down," Hunter urged, kissing Henry on the temple that seemed to do just that for him but Henry was still in a foul mood.

"Is school really that bad?" Mason asked, Koda yawning letting out a whimper as they were stirred from their sleep but Mason wanted to shift back.

"Wasn't for me," Nicholas said through their mind link with a shrug, scratching Koda's back with a finger who let out a pleased groan as he lifted his rear to push against that finger for better scratching.

"It'll be okay. You've got new friends that can help protect you from the big plastic meanies," Hunter said as he had Henry sit at the kitchen counter while he made them breakfast.

"You're right, I do have friends. I have you who already graduated, Mason who doesn't go to school, and-" Henry cut himself off as he glanced over his shoulder at the couch, Nicholas's feet sticking out of the side. "I'm not sure what that is but he doesn't go to school either," Henry pointed out, Nicholas sitting up glaring at the back of Henry's head.

"You better watch that tongue before I cut it off," Nicholas growled but that was as far as he got before Hunter let out a growl of his own, pointedly staring at him, and Mason clamped his jaws down on Nicholas's finger causing him to yelp in surprise. "You just like biting me, don't you," Nicholas chuckled, lightly spanking Koda's rump who gave him a disapproving look but couldn't resist as Nicholas started scratching him in the perfect spot.

"No, none of us go to school, but there are other people you've befriended like that Rory kid and I know you've been talking to a few others. Also, I've heard Steph mention that Jessica's birthday is coming up so she'll be too busy with that to worry about anyone else. It'll be okay," Hunter said reassuringly, smiling down at Henry but the boy did not smile back. No matter how much he loved Hunter, he felt glum to the point that he let his head fall with a bang onto the kitchen counter just imagining what kind of day he would have at school. "I'll meet you for lunch and pick you up after school. It'll be okay," Hunter reminded him as he started cracking eggs into a bowl.

"Nope. It'll be horrible," Henry said as he lifted his head, resting his chin on his arms. "Everyone will whisper and talk, might even laugh and point at me, and they'll all talk about me like I'm not there even though they know full well I can hear them, which they won't care about or what they intended to do, and I'll probably hear even more crap when word gets out about..." Henry trailed off and he started spacing out, looking away from Hunter who knew what he was thinking without him needing to say anything more.