Chapter 27

"They want you to what?" Henry asked, his eye twitching a little as the boys were hanging out in Mason room. Nicholas and Milly were still talking in her room, Ajax making apple pies downstairs who'd sent the boys upstairs to hand out, so Henry was planning to stay with Mason all day long since it was the weekend.

"I have to give my loyalty to the alpha, or to-be alpha, to officially welcome him into the pack. First in my human form, then in my wolf form. Everyone has to do it later today at the meeting hall this afternoon," Mason said from under his blanket, wrapped up inside with Henry sitting on the edge of his bed leaning back against the cinnamon roll covers with his head resting on Mason's hip.

"Why the hell do you have to give your loyalty to that jerk!? He could have killed you!" Henry snapped, fuming with anger and sat up to grab one of his notebooks. "I'm putting him in my kill book," he muttered, Mason meeting from inside his blanket cocoon to stare at his friend curiously.

"Kill book?" Mason questioned, sitting up to peek over Henry's shoulder who started scribbling into his notebook with a determined look on his face.

"It's kind of like that book in Death Note, that anime TV show, where you write the persons name inside who dies within the next twenty four hours. I've written about the bullies at my school too and how I would kill them if I had the guts to as revenge for all the crap they've pulled on me. Is there any sure way to kill a werewolf other then those plants you were telling me about?" Henry explained to Mason who couldn't help but laugh as Henry flushed a little about explaining his little hobby. "I know it's weird but-"

"It's not weird," Mason piped up immediately, pulling his knees up to his chest behind Henry when the boy himself gave him a look. "Okay, maybe a little weird and concerning. I'd burn that book if any of them mysteriously died so they didn't think you'd gone through with your revenge plan. I meant that it actually looked pretty cool. Do you want to be a writer?" Mason asked, reading over Henry's shoulder who was still writing about how he intended to kill Nicholas which made Mason laugh. "You want to get rid of his body by feeding him to pigs?"

"Actually, that's a very easy way to get rid of the body. There are meat eating pigs who can eat and digest almost the entire body. Anything you can't, just bury somewhere else and no one will be none the wiser about what you've done," Henry said, waving his pencil about when he saw the look on Mason's face. "Too much?"

"Kind of scary," Mason admitted before bonking head with Henry. Then he looked away, pulling his legs tighter to her person, and leaned against Henry's back who watched him carefully.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked, putting his notebook down and turned to sit next to Mason pulling the boy into his side. "Could you possibly not give your loyalty to Nicholas? He clearly makes you uncomfortable," Henry asked as Mason slipped his head under Henry's chin and nuzzled against him until they flopped backward onto the pillows hugging one another. "You are aware you need to start speaking, yes? Unless you were planning a whole other event in this bed because, in that case, don't you think you should buy me dinner first?" Henry said which made Mason laugh, smacking a hand over Henry's chest who giggled to himself as Mason started jabbing him in the ribs.

"I'm okay now, I guess. I sort of have to accept him back into the pack or it'll be seen as some sort of defiance against the 'future king'. Lastly, and I'm sorry Henry, but I do not find you attractive in that aspect. Your nice to look at but I'd like someone with more meat on their bones," Mason said, the last meant as a joke which had him laughing to himself when he noticed Henry had a thoughtful look on his face.

"I honestly don't know what I want. I'd like someone strong, guy or girl I think, but most strong people on sports teams or whatever are egotistical jerks I can't stand or beating down on me because they think I'm weak," Henry said grumpily, hugging Mason closer like a teddy bear looking moody. Mason gave him a look before they both burst out laughing before relaxing back down. "On a more serious note, what you are saying is that if you don't show your loyalty to that asshat of an alpha, then you would be opposing him?" Henry asked, thoughtful again though he seemed to be cooking up an idea in that head of his as he looked down at Mason who rested his chin on Henry's chest.