Chapter 48

"Poor baby," Roxanne cooed, petting him and shushing him as he cried.

"It's okay. It'll heal there's no need to cry," Milly said, petting him with both pregnant women hugging him on either side to comfort him.

"It'll heal overnight as long as you don't mess with it too much. Putting ice on it wouldn't hurt though its not necessary if you don't want," Dr. Bee said with a smile and offered him a lollipop from his medical bag he had in his car which he took into his mouth even as he sniffled.

"Could someone explain something to me?" Nicholas suddenly piped up, fuming with fury gaining Ajax's attention at least who was putting the finishing touches to dinner in the kitchen.

"What's that, bud?" Ajax asked, pouring sauce over the chicken he'd made and putting some spice on top.

"Well, I'm not sure. Let's see. I came home not ten minutes ago right?" Nicholas asked, crossing his arms over his chest while Milly cooed again and Roxanne fussed.

"Just about. Maybe a minute or two off," Ajax said with a shrug, plating everyone's food and glaring at Dr. Bee as he plated an extra for him who beamed back at him with a broad smile.

"Thank you~" Dr. Bee sang and giggled a little to himself pissing Ajax off.

"And I got punched in the face, yes?" Nicholas asked, pinching the bridge of his nose with a vein throbbing on his temple which only worsened when Ajax laughed.

"You sure did. Right in the nose too so even though you're a quick healer, I'm sure it hurt a lot," Ajax said which pissed Nicholas off even more.

"Are you supposed to be my dad, you jerk!? Shouldn't you be on my side when someone punches me in the face!" Nicholas roared, furious, when Ajax turned to him with a blank expression on his face.

"Were you in the wrong?" Ajax asked, arching a brow at him, before he brought the plates over to the kitchen table. "There we go. How's the hand?" Ajax asked with a worried expression and looked down between the two pregnant women who were fussing over Mason who was crying big fat tears while Dr. Bee was wrapping his hand in bandages so it could heal properly.

After Mason had punched Nicholas, causing the young alpha to fall to the ground with the force of it, Mason had curled up into a little ball cradling his hand to his chest which was later confirmed to be broken in a few places by the doctor. Stephanie had immediately gone to Nicholas's side, freaking out about him being mortally wounded even though Nicholas had gotten up immediately and marched into the house to beat down on Mason until Ajax stopped him, but everyone else had gone directly to Mason who started uncontrollably crying who was mostly sniffling now thanking Dr. Bee for wrapping his hand.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALL DOTING ON THE GUY WHO JUST PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!? How can you sympathize with someone who hurt himself... on my face!?" Nicholas demanded who was completely unscathed other than the boiling rage he was feeling, Stephanie trying to convince him to use an icepack "Just in case!" she kept saying trying to dote on him like Milly and Roxanne were to Mason.

"Well, for one, he's the one that got hurt," Ajax said, ruffling Mason's hair who was whining.

"I can feed myself," Mason insisted, hiccupping, but Milly insisted on feeding him since his writing hand was injured.

"Also," Milly started and was suddenly the scariest thing in the room, staring up at her son who flinched back the minute their eyes connected and she smiled thinly up at him in pure utter rage that far outmatched his own. "Did you seriously expect me to not get angry after I've been TOLD THAT YOU LEFT OUR LOST PACK MEMBER IN A PET SHOP!" Milly roared, her voice rising with her anger and the house shook even worse than when Ajax had gotten pissed at Nicholas. The floor shook, the glasses in the kitchen began to ring as they clinked together, picture frames slanted or fell off their hooks, and everyone's ears rung for a solid minute before everything went still again leaving them in a dead silence. "Besides, I probably would have punched you if Mason hadn't. Not gonna lie," Milly mumbled, feeding the now trembling Mason another bite of chicken who obediently ate it without a word. "Chew slowly. You don't wanna choke," Milly urged with a sweet smile, wiping Mason's mouth with a napkin and cooing at him again.