Chapter 79

"I'm gonna throw up," Henry said as he threw clothes from his dresser, Mason watching him freak out from the bed wanting to help but he'd just brought Henry down from hyperventilating and now he was running around his room freaking out about what to wear on their double date. "What if I choose the wrong outfit and he doesn't want to go anymore? What if I choose an outfit that clashes with his and we look weird together which means we shouldn't be together? What if-!"

"Henry!" Mason called, pouncing on top of Henry flattening him onto the ground forcing him to take a minute to calm down. "Everything will be fine. We already planned where we're going to go, you are went through all my clothes picking my outfit for me, you already know what Hunter is planning to wear because you both picked it out together so you know you'll match, and you are aware that we don't even leave for our double date until eleven... tomorrow?" It had barely been ten minutes since Henry proposed double dates and he was so excited about it... until he started panicking about all the little details which is how he had dragged Hunter upstairs to his room to figure out what they'll be wearing, then Mason to his room to figure out what he's wearing, and now they were back in Henry's room as he started rethinking his outfit. "How about we go eat dinner and calm down?" Mason asked with an encouraging smile, helping Henry to his feet who was whimpering.

"What if he-"

"No! Let's go eat," Mason said, opening the door ushering the blonde out the door into Hunter's waiting arms who was standing just outside the door, whimpering to himself until Henry was back in his arms.

Mason watched them go downstairs, Hunter consoling Henry, before his eyes focused on the ground floor where everyone was. Ajax and Jayden were setting the table with the food, even for the extra guests they hadn't counted on. Milly and Hannah were already sitting at the table feeling each other's pregnant stomach and chatting happily. Stephanie and the half a dozen girls who had followed her to the pack house were gathered in the living room, most sitting on the couch trying to get Nicholas's attention who was pointedly ignoring all of them by staring at the wall. A few even tried to call Hunter over to join them, giving the stink eye to Henry who was oblivious to it all as he started muttering to himself about changing date locations, but then Hunter's eyes flashed red and he looked royally pissed. Only the werewolves in the room could feel the dark ominous aura in the air, the girls cowering under his gaze, until Henry turned to talk to Hunter gaining all his attention much to everyone's glee. The girls turned back to Nicholas, one even being so bold to sit on the arm of the loveseat chair trying to flirt with him but Nicholas didn't even seem to notice as he looked over his shoulder up the stairs at the red head just as something dawned on the boy.

"Oh my god, I'm going on my first ever date!"

--------------------

"I'm gonna throw up," Mason said, clinging onto Henry who was clinging onto him as they waited in the living room for their dates. Milly and Ajax were watching them from the kitchen, Ajax trying not to laugh and Milly fawning over the two but Ajax told her she couldn't be all over them because their grown up and... Honestly, it was to make sure Nicholas didn't ditch the date. It had taken a lot of convincing to get him to agree to the double date, or a date period, so his parents were trying their best to stay out of it and just observe though currently all they were watching was the boys freak out as they paced together clinging onto one another glancing out the window in the door waiting for Hunter and Nicholas to come pick them up. "Why did I tell you everything is going to be fine? It's not going to be fine! I've never been on a date. What do you even do on a date? The best reference I have on dates is Lady and the Tramp and there's no way we could recreate that. Nicholas's nose would crush the table and I'd get tangled in the noodle if I tried to push the meatball across the plate at him. What if he accidentally eats me!?" Mason rambled, shaking like a leaf making Milly squeal quietly to herself. Ajax gave her a funny look, cocking his head to the side trying to imagine that scene in his head, and watched the boys pace from the stairs to the front door.