Chapter 18

Mason tugged on the long flower stem, shaking his head about as he wrested with the daisy trunk while growled and grunting as he played tug-of-war with the roots in the earth. Milly was laying on her side, her belly bare with one paw on it, and she had her head up as she could watch Mason as he played in his little wolf form in the circle Milly made with her body with her tail curled around him almost to her other paw that held her head up off the ground. Mason's little wolf body tumbled backward as the stem slipped from his jaws, Mason bumping lightly against Milly's belly, while Milly's wolf body was lying next to a beautiful stream in a warm ray of sunshine. The light reflected off her snow white fur and shone brilliant, glimmering it looked like, while it reflected off Mason's dark fur who squirmed where he lay on his back until he rolled over and raced over to Milly's head.

"Your wolf is very playful. Childish even," Milly observed, nose at Mason who bit playfully at her nose and tugged on her ear until her ears twitched away.

"I'm pretty sure he's still really young," Mason answered, sounding tired through their link, while his wolf had taken complete control of him.

"Nap time?" Milly asked with a giggle as she continued to nose at him while his wolf wiggled his tush in the air and suddenly charged at her like a bull before smacking head first into her chest between her legs.

"No nap time," Mason wheedled but Milly could feel it as he slipped off to sleep, quietly giggling some more, while his wolf continued to charge at her chest until Milly moved her paw from her belly and trapped Mason there to lick at him. His wolf barked and yipped, a way of laughing for an animal, and started play biting at her paws as she attacked him.

"You're too cute," Milly cooed and licked Mason once more before looking over her shoulder at the large black wolf stalking toward her with red eyes. "Hello, my love. Enjoying the sun?" Milly asked through the link, smiling at her mate with her tongue lulling out of her mouth while Mason's wolf had grabbed a bit of her fur in his mouth and was tugging on it until she lightly yelped. "No fur grabbing, silly," Milly said and nudged him away until the little wolf suddenly caught sight of the daisy again and charged.

"Milly, answer my question," Ajax demanded, licking her fur at her neck and sniffed at her belly but he was serious as he looked down at her.

"What question?" Milly asked sweetly, licking Ajax back who settled down in front of her who gave her a look.

"I know we brought him into our pack, we're giving him a home, but you know he's not our child right? He's just another pup to our pack," Ajax said, nosing at Mason who jumped a little in surprise as Ajax's large head neared him until the nose nudged his side. Then Mason's little body jumped up and crawled onto Ajax's snout and climbed on top of his head carefully before settling just above Ajax's brow.

"Aw, he likes you," Milly coed, licking her belly and then licking under Ajax's chin while he was looking up best he could at Mason who had curled up and was now sleeping soundly.

"Milly," Ajax said in a warning tone, swishing his tail at her rump who giggled a little but let out a long sigh as she looked up at her mate who stared sternly down at her.

"Fine. I know but... It's been so long since we've had new blood! And I don't mean a baby, I mean someone new. Not only do I get to meet someone new and watch over them but he's so little. I love him already," Milly said excitedly and stood up, sniffing at Mason on Ajax's head before nuzzling into his chest.

"Oh my silly little lady," Ajax said with a sigh and licked Milly before nuzzling the top of her head under his chin. "I love you, silly goose, but he's not our little baby," Ajax said seriously, standing up carefully with Mason still on his head. "Don't hog him for yourself!" Ajax playfully snapped and took off at a jog so as not to drop Mason while Milly gasped dramatically, scandalized by the look of it.