Chapter 63

"Put that over that. Don't touch that! Why are you touching that? Hang that put higher. We don't want to risk anyone knocking it down!" Stephanie called out, ordering people around. Mason and Henry watched her from where they sat on a log in the middle of the forest where they were setting up the party. It was another large clearing but this one was surrounded by trees. It was very pretty and the decorations were very formal and fancy, many beta wolves helping to decorate. Mason and Henry had come to help too since Henry had nothing better to do during his suspension but Stephanie said she had everything under control and just needed them to stay out of the way so they were sitting on a fallen log watching everyone work.

"Strangely enough, sitting on the sidelines watching other people work isn't fun," Henry said with a sigh, stretching his arms over his head and he yawned into his hand.

"Who knew it was wrong to want to help. She actually slapped my hand when I went to help with the streamers," Mason said with a whine, wringing out his hand and looked over as Milly appeared with her midwife who was instructing her to take better care of herself as she approached her eighth month in pregnancy.

"I'm fine! I'm only walking around and if you try talking to me about going into bed rest early again, I'm going to put you in midwife timeout again," Milly said, mildly irritated, the boys quietly chuckling to themselves.

"Well, I can say this for certain. It's going to be an interesting night," Henry said with a smile, Mason nodding in agreement and they continued to watch as the party was slowly assembled before their eyes.

How true that statement would turn out to be...

--------------------

"Oh, you look so handsome," Milly sniffled as she watched Nicholas walk down the stairs wearing his custom made suit. Nicholas in turn rolled his eyes but he seemed happy to see his mom so happy who kissed him on the cheek and started gushing about how happy now that he was back.

"Really? I couldn't tell with you hugging me every chance you get and making my favorite pie every other day which mysteriously appears in my room," Nicholas teased and hugged Milly from behind who giggled to herself with a light blush on her cheeks.

"Is everyone ready? We have to get there early since we're the ones hosting the party and all," Ajax called out to everyone as he adjusted his own suit that was a nice shade of blue matching with Milly's dress who commented on how handsome he looked, especially with his hair up in a high ponytail. "None of that you sex maniac!" Ajax said, waggling a finger at his mate who pouted, when Nicholas gagged and quickly released his mother fleeing outside leaving his parents laughing. "Mason! Henry! Are you primping or something? Get your butt's down here!" Ajax called up to the second floor and heard thundering footsteps.

Mason and Henry were wearing their tailor made suits and they looked very nice causing Ajax and Milly to go "awe~". Mason's suit was a dark ivy green color with a black button up shift underneath. His tie was a dark silver color with leaf patterns on it and his shoes were a dark pitch black color. Henry had a very light colored suit in comparison who was admiring himself, mumbling about being the best dressed he'd ever been in his life. His suit was a faint white color like mist with a pale white button up to match. His tie was a soft pinkish gold color, rose gold Stephanie said, giving him some color and he even had a little pocket square in his only breast pocket. Both boys looked very fancy and were clearly a little giddy about it as they posed together while Milly took pictures who was gushing over them even as Ajax was trying to coral them out the door.

"Sorry! I've never worn a tie before so Henry was helping me," Mason explained as they got into the car, Ajax helping Milly into the shotgun seat. Nicholas was already sitting inside the car and Mason found himself sitting in the middle next to him causing the young man to stiffen. "Um... hi," Mason said, waving his hand in the air and got a funny look in response.