Hopelessly Devoted to You

In New York
At NYADA
In The Round Room

Jamey was sitting alone on his phone talking to his family and Kurt. "Hey." Jamey hears someone making him look up to see Cooper sitting down next to him. "Why are you still here?" Jamey asks him. "Well, I don't know where you live so I will be trying to find you in this school. Why is this place big?" Cooper asks Jamey as Carmen walks to the front. "Returning students, welcome back." Carmen said to them. "New students welcome to the round room. The acoustics are perfect and there are no corners. Which means there is nowhere to hide in here. First-year students will have the opportunity to sing publicly twice. The first time today, the Debut. The second, the Winter Showcase at the end of the semester...if you are invited. Shall we begin?" Carmen asks them and she sits down. "Beatrice McClaine." Carmen said calling someone, Beatrice walks to the front. "My name is Beatrice McClaine and I'll be singing "Ave Maria" written by Franz Schubert." Beatrice said to them and the piano starts playing.

Beatrice
Ave Maria...

"I'm gonna stop you there." Carmen said making everything stop. "When I accepted you at NYADA, what did I tell you you needed to do? You needed to practice all summer long." Carmen said to her. "I did." Beatrice said to her. "You did not. I think you need to practice a little bit more and reapply in December." Carmen said to her and Beatrice walks out of the room. "What just happened?" Cooper asks Jamey. "She just get cut." Jamey said to him. "Jamey Schuester." Carmen said and Jamey stands up and walks to the front. "Impress me." Carmen said to him making Jamey nod to her. "My name is Jamey Schuester and I will be singing, Hopelessly Devoted to You from Grease." Jamey said to everyone and the band starts playing the song.

Jamey
Guess mine is not
The first heartbroken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know there's
Just no getting over you

Jamey sings while Carmen writes down something in her book.

Jamey
I know
I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby can't you see
There's nothing
Else for me to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

Jamey sings while thinking about Kurt.

Jamey
But now
There's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

Jamey holds his note and he stops and he looks around at everyone who was watching him and he sees Rachel with some guy.

Jamey
My head is saying
"Fool! Forget him"
My heart is saying
"Don't let go"
Hold on to the end
That's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now
There's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

Jamey holds his note one last time and the song ends and Cooper stands up clapping for him. Carmen looks at Cooper who sits down and Carmen turns back to Jamey. "Nice work, Mr. Schuester." Carmen said to him making Jamey bow to her and he walks back to his seat. "Good job." Cooper said to him making Jamey look at him. "It's very different here, we can't even cheer for the singer in front when the song is done." Cooper said to him making Jamey laugh a little.