Born to Hand Jive

Later At McKinley
In The Auditorium

Sam was sitting next to Sebastian who had his arm around Sam with Jesse, Blaine, and Kurt looking at them. Marley, Ryder, Jake, Kitty, Mercedes, Jamey, and Mike was on stage. "All right! You guys killed your auditions, but there can only be one Sandy and there can only be one Danny." Mercedes said to the four. "The heart of Grease is the Danny-Sandy romance. This callback is all about the chemistry. We want to see how well you play off each other. Is there heat?" Jamey asks them. "We also want to see how you sing and dance '50s-style. That's why we gave you the audition song ahead of time." Finn said to them and Ryder looks at Finn. "I don't really read music, so..." Ryder said to them. "It's okay. We will get you started." Mike said to him. "Start away. Everyone knows Kitty cat's gonna finish it." Kitty said to them while looking at Marley. "Oh, you have a lot of attitude, little girl. Let's see if you have the stuff to back it up. Hit it." Mercedes said and the band starts playing Born to Hand Jive from Grease.

Mercedes
Before I was born late one night

Mercedes sings while Jamey and Mike spin over to her.

Mercedes
My papa said everything's alright
The doctor paid, my Mama laid down
With her stomach bouncing all around
'Cause the beebop stork was about to arrive
Mama gave birth to a hand-jive

Jamey walks over to Marley and he takes her hand pulling her to the front.

Marley and Jamey
I could barely walk when
I milked a cow
When I was three I pushed a plow

"Gentlemen?" Artie calls for Jake and Ryder to sing.

Jake
While chopping wood
I moved my legs
And they saw me dance when
I gathered eggs

Jake sings picking up Marley, he picks her down and Ryder walks over and takes Marley away making Jake jealous.

Marley and Ryder
The townfolk clapped,
I was only five
Out-dance 'em all, he was born to hand-jive!

Mercedes
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah - everybody

Kitty pushes Marley with her hip and Ryder catches her. Jake and Ryder nearly get into a fight, Artie stops them. "Break it up, Break it up." Artie said to them and Mike comes in between them.

New Directions
Born to hand-jive, baby

Kitty and Ryder pull off an impressive double cartwheel and hug.

Mercedes
How low can you go?

Marley
How low can you go?

Ryder
How low can you go?

Jake
How low can you go?
Higher!

Ryder
Higher!

Marley
Higher!

Jake and Marley have a lot of chemistry, starting Kitty up. She heads towards Marley, but Jake grabs her in time and lifts her in the air, Marley joins Ryder instead.

Mercedes
And higher, yeah!

New Directions hand-jiving with them in the audience. Jesse and Blaine dance with each other right next to Ryder and Marley while Sebastian and Sam dance with each other.

New Directions
Now can you hand jive, baby?
Oh can you hand jive, baby? (Mercedes: Baby, yeah!)

Oh yeah can you hand jive, baby? (Mercedes: Can you hand jive?)
Oh can you hand jive baby? (Mercedes: Baby!)
Oh yeah (Mercedes: Oh yeah)
Oh yeah (Mercedes: Oh yeah, yeah)
Oh yeah (Mercedes: Oh yeah!)
Born to hand jive
Oh yeah!

Everyone laughs excitedly while Blaine picks up Jesse giving her a hug making Jesse laugh. Blaine puts her down and hugs her. Jesse looks over at Ryder and Marley hug and she can see they have chemistry. Sebastian pulls Sam in for a big hug and he kisses his forehead.