49.

Ranae

Right now I was sitting here at therapy kind of but not really listening to my therapist talk. Unfortunately, my old therapist moved away so now I had to see a new one.

"Earth to Ranae"

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave her all my attention.

"I'm sorry Dawn, what were you saying?"

"What's going on in your mind?"

"I been overthinking"

"About?"

"Well... Chris is on tour and I know he love me and I trust him but I just can't help but think what if he mess up again"

"If you trust him and you know he love you, why do you think he would mess that up?"

"I don't know... maybe because I know how he gets on tour"

"How he get?"

"It's no secret that Chris was a womanizer. What if he gets caught up in the hype during tour and mess with another woman. You know how men get, they think it's no big deal and just know to hide it"

"Do you ever sit back and think about everything y'all been through? By everything you told me, it's a lot and too deep. And him still being with you tells me that he is serious about you and will never hurt you"

I nodded she was right and now I feel dumb for saying that out loud.

"While he's away, you should focus on you like you said and just trust him"

I bit down on my bottom lip.

"Yes ma'am"
-
After therapy I headed to the gym to do my daily workout. It was still early in the day which was good because many people usually come a little later so it wasn't super pack.

I carried my gym bag and water bottle upstairs to the second level not paying attention to anyone in the room. I looked at the news on the tv that was on the wall as I put in my headphones to begin.

Before I stepped onto the machine I felt someone tap my shoulder which made me quickly turn around.

I looked up and surprised on who I saw.

"Omar" I took my headphones out.

"Hey Ranae, what you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that, I'm always here breaking a sweat"

"That's good. Well I'm actually here with my friend trying this gym out"

"Oh yeah I forgot you have your own gym"

"Invitation still open by the way" He smiled.

I chuckled but it was fake as ever.

"How you doing though? You been ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I been good lately"

"Ok that's good to hear"

"So what you working on?" I asked.

"You can see if you come and join"

"Ummm"

"I can teach you some things you ain't never know"

"Like what?" I said giving him this look.

"Come and find out"

I thought for a second.

"Alright"

I turned and gathered all my things and headed over to where he was.

"Ranae this is my boy Danny, Danny this is Ranae"