1.

I stood there in the bathroom pacing back in forth. What will happen if I am? I can't be. What would she do? Kill me? No she loves me..well I think. I should've left him alone. My thoughts were interrupted by the front door shutting. "Shit" i said lowly.

"Here" she threw the box at my face. She slammed the bathroom door and I looked down at the box. I took the the stick out and followed the instructions on the box that told me what to do. After I was finished, I flushed the toilet, washed my hands and left it on the sink top. I slowly opened the door and walked to the living room to sit on the couch. She was sitting across from me drinking a bottle of vodka.

"Momma" she didn't answer. "Talk to me momma"."For what Ranae?!" She yelled "If that test come out positive that's yo ass, but if it doesn't you will not be let out this damn house until you are 18" she took another sip. "Running around with that troubled boy! Now look at you.. might be pregnant at 16!!". "We used a condom-" "So the fuck what Ranae!! They can break". I looked down.

"Can we just talk about this? Mother to daughter?" I said calmly. She glared at me "Bitch what don't you understand?". This wasn't nothing new. When my dad abandoned us when I was 10, she started drinking and it soon became a problem. She stopped but a few weeks back she started again. She will call me different type of names and sometimes even hit me. We didn't have no family really, my grandma and grandpa passed a couple years ago and my mother didn't have any siblings and I don't know about the rest. But on my dad side I had a aunt name Lilly and a cousin name Lola, we would always hang out but after my dad left I never saw them again.

"Go check the test" she said lighting a cigarette. I slowly got up and walked in the bathroom. I stood in front of sink and took a deep breath. I picked up the test and read the lines. "No no this can't be" my eyes started watering. I read the instructions again to make sure, one line negative two lines positive. My heart started racing when I heard my mom walking towards the door.

"What the hell is taking so long". I turned around with the test in my hand. "Is you going to say something?" I remained silent. She snatched it out my hands, then looked at me.
"You got 10 minutes to pack your shit and get out my house" she said walking away. "Momma" I said now with tears streaming down. "Get the fuck out my face Ranae". "You can't do this to me, Where imma' go? I don't even have money". "You grown right? You got a little boyfriend and now you gotta' child, you figure it out!". "Momma-"  "Ranae, you better hurry before i have to beat the shit outta' you". I stood there for sec then went into my room and started packing. I can't believe this shit.. I packed two suitcases and a bag, I left all the things that I didn't need.

I walked into the living room and she was already standing at the door. I pulled my bags as she opened the door. I stepped outside and started to walk down the porch steps but turned around. "Your going to regret this" I said looking into her eyes. "You and your daddy ain't shit, now leave my house slut". I frowned as she slammed the door, I wiped my tears and started walking to Devin house. It started pouring and I didn't have no hoodie and my coat didn't have a hood. Just great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood there waiting for Devin to answer the door. I heard the locks and the door finally opened. "Ranae?" I ran into his arms and started crying. "What's going on?" He let go. "My mom k-kicked me out" "What? Why?" He looked in my eyes. "Can I come in?". "Yea" He helped with my bags and led me to his room.

"Is your mom here?" I asked. "No, she's at work" he said handing me a towel to dry my hair. "So what happen?" He sat next to me. I took a deep breath, "earlier I told my mom t-that I lost my virginity" he was silent "and I never keep secrets from her and it was bugging me all week. As a mother, I knew she would be mad but I thought she was just going to talk to me about it and everything... i was wrong. She flipped and bought me a pregnancy test and told me to take it" I looked at him then looked back down. "I took it and... a-and it came out positive.." he stared at me "and that's when she kicked me out..". It was silent for a minute.