33.

Chris

"Can you get the luggage in the truck for me"

"Can I get it tomorrow? Im tired"

"Boy if you don't-"

"Ok ma dang"

My mom done finally made it down here from Virginia and I couldn't wait till she throw it done in the kitchen. I grabbed the rest of her luggage from out the truck and put them in the room. After, I went to the fridge to get something to drink and I saw my mom sit down at the counter.

"What you doing today?" She asked.

"Nothing, I cant chill with you?"

"Who said I was staying here?"

"Ma"

"What? I just got to LA, why would I stay in?"

"Where you going? It's bricks outside"

"I got friends around here too"

"What friends?"

"Mind your business boy"

I playfully rolled my eyes and continued drinking my water.

"So where is Ranae I cant wait to meet her"

"Ohhhhhh" I mumbled to myself. I knew I forgot something. I didn't even get the chance to tell her because I been all in the mix lately.

"Oh what? Where is she?"

"I don't know"

"What you mean you don't know? It's your girlfriend, how you don't know"

"Because we're not together anymore.."

"Christopher Maurice Brown!"

"What?!"

"What did you do this time?!"

"Nothing ma"

"So what's was the reason?"

"She broke up with me because she needed space. You know she going through some things" I said looking down.

"So you wasn't there for her"

"No I was"

"Something's not adding up. What was happening when she broke up with you?"

"Well we was over Mijo's-"

"Woahhh stop there, it was definitely about something. ok continue"

"Why you say that?" I asked in confusion.

"Because why would someone just break up while they out and around people in public, anyway continue"

She had a point.

"Aight so it's this girl Ranae didn't really like because she thought me and the girl had something but we don't and I kept telling her we didn't"

"And why would she think that?"

"Me and the girl been friends for some years now and when we was on tour in NYC, we went to the club and we looked like a couple and I stood Ranae up for this girl and then her and Ranae got into it later on"

"Whose the girl?"

"Rosey Queen"

"Oh her" She mumbled.

"You don't like her either?"

"No its not that, it's just what I see in the social world... but is she jealous of what you and Ranae have?"