23.

Ranae

Two weeks went pass and my bump was growing each day. It wasn't big but I had a little something. Right now I was getting ready to go to the hospital with Chris to get a paternity test. Yes, I could've waited till the baby was born but Chris deserves to know if it's his or not I don't want him to wait till it's born and be salty about it.

I had on my flowy shirt and jeans on with my heel boots. My phone started ringing and I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"I'm outside"

"Ok here I come"

I hung up and quickly sprayed perfume on me. I went downstairs and put my coat on and grabbed my purse. I locked my door and exited my building and walked to his car. I got in and put my seatbelt on.

"Hellooo"

"Hey" He simply said.

For the past two weeks it been very awkward, not too awkward but awkward. Me and Chris still go out but it don't feel like it. We talk here and there and it's only about the baby and then when I go over his house we ain't doing nothing but watching tv or eating. I think it's this whole father thing that gots him feeling some type of way.

"So how you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine, you?"

"Good"

"That's good"

I saw his hand resting on the gear and decided to grab on to it but before I can get there he moved it to reach for his phone. I sighed and looked out the window for the rest of the ride.
-

When we arrived to the hospital, the doctor immediately took us in.

"Hello Ranae I'm Dr.Myers and I will be helping you along the trimesters"

"Hi" I smiled.

"So today I will only need a blood sample from you and a cheek swab for you" She said pointing to Chris.

We nodded.

"Ok lets began"

She did the samples from both of us and after typed on her laptop.

"So we're done here. So would I would do is, I would usually send it to the lab everyone else send it to but for the people that paid a higher price we send it to one of the best DNA labs which I highly recommend, is that ok?"

"That's perfect, so how long will that take?"

"Other labs would take about 3 to 12 weeks but since you were recommended the higher qualified lab it will take about 1-2 days"

"Wow that's perfect"

"Yea so any more questions?" She smiled.

"No"

"How about you Mr.Brown?"

He shook his head.

"Ok I'll see y'all on the next visit"

"Ok thank you" I said shaking her hand.

"If you need me all you have to do is just call the office and ask for Dr.Myers"

"Ok"

Me and Chris headed out and then made our way back to my house. When we pulled up to the building I was waiting for him to say something but he didn't pay me no mind.

"Ok see you" I said.

"Bye"

"Do you want to come in?"