13.

Ranae

I slammed the door running inside the house with Chris trailing right behind me.

"MOM?!" I yelled and threw my bag on the floor.

"Upstairs!!" I heard her yell back.

I ran upstairs as fast as I could and busted inside the room.

"What happen?!"

I looked at my father who was on the bed looking worse than what I saw from earlier.

"Your father was experiencing some chest pains and I can't get him out the bed he's very weak"

"I'm fine" He said weakly.

"No your not Calvin!"

"Come on dad we have to take you to the hospital"

I grabbed his hand but he pulled away.

"I said I'm fine Ranae!"

"YOUR NOT DAD YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION"

My eyes started to water. Why was he doing this ? He's acting so careless like he's doing this on purpose like he wants to die.

"Why are you doing this? I don't get it"

He didn't say anything so I just rolled my eyes and quickly walked out the door heading back downstairs. I saw my mom following me but not Chris.

Chris

I know this ain't my family or anything but I felt sad and bad for Ranae. She didn't deserve this at all or her mother! I wonder why exactly he's basically giving up on himself and his family.

"Make sure you treat my angel right" He said causing me to look at him.

"I will sir I promise"

"Don't promise something you don't know for sure son, I heard about you in the media but deep down I know your a good guy. I don't want my baby to suffer anything more, she been through enough"

I nodded.

"I understand but if you don't mind me asking, why are you resisting on getting help?"

"It's no way that I'm going to recover from this, all these years I been trying. My chance is very low-"

"That don't mean give up on your family"

"I know... but I'm just tired overall and why keep trying when you know nothing's going to change"

"I understand but just continue to do the things you suppose to be doing to show them that you take this very serious. Don't worry them. If something happen to you they're going to think it's because you didn't try"

"Your right son" He tried to sit up.

"Let me help you"

I walked over to him and helped him sit up properly on the pillow.

"Can you pass me the pills in the second drawer right here" he pointed to the nightstand.

I followed his instructions and gave it to him. He undid the jar and grabbed the water that was on the stand. He gulped the pills down and got comfortable again. He then grabbed the remote and flicked the tv on and channel surfed. By the time he figured out what he wanted to watch Ranae and Cassandra had came back in.

"I'm sorry dad" She said lowly sitting on the bed.

"It's ok angel, your friend here made me realize something, so me and your mom gon go to the hospital first thing in the morning I promise"