jealousy, jealousy (started following me)

Lena thought she had this in the bag. Being around Kara and acting like they weren't together and just friends? Fine. They've done it before for a bit (before everything went to shit) and it worked out... okay-ish.

But when Lena walked into CatCo and saw William sidled up to Kara with a smooth smile and very close to Kara herself, she felt the fire within herself.

So naturally, she kept it down and kept her head high as she walked over to save her damsel in distress, her steps enunciated with the click of her heels. "Kara!"

Her head whipped around and went from an awkward grimace to a grin. "Lena! What are you doing here?" The brunette almost had a short-circuit with her outfit holy shit could Kara rock a suit. A blue one, in fact, a white shirt with patterned crimson red diamonds underneath the blazer. If Lena didn't have her Luthor genes and CEO skills, she would've most definitely been a stuttering mess.

Lena paid no mind to William as she smiled at the blonde. "Did you forget? We were supposed to meet Alex downtown for her celebratory promotion lunch. She called you but you didn't pick up, so she sent me; Kelly's already there."

Kara's eyes widened behind her glasses. "Shoot, you're right! Did you get the—"

"Chocolates are waiting in the car since she's not much of a flower girl from us, but loves them from Kelly."

"You're a lifesaver."

"Kara—"

"Raincheck, William," Kara says, getting her phone and messenger bag from her desk. "I might check out the photo gallery by myself. I'll see you later!" She quickly follows her to the elevators and lets out a sigh of relief. "You really are a lifesaver. He was practically insisting that I go with him to the new photo gallery downtown and get dinner after. I could not get out of that situation if I tried."

"Would you look at that? The roles have reversed on us."

Kara snorts and leads her inside. "I'm perfectly fine with that as long as we're both safe and sound." She watched the doors close and once they do, she's being turned around and pushed into the wall, a hand fisting her collar. Lena's eyes now met hers with her added inches from her heels, and boy were they fucking blown.

She chuckled. "Hi."

"I can't stand the sight of him next to you," Lena murmurs, her eyes slowly raking down her face. "You saw how he looked at you, didn't you?"

"I know, Lena."

"How can he not tell that you're an obvious queer? Kara—"

"Lena, it's okay."

"Kara—" She inhaled sharply and relaxed into her kiss, leaning against her, her hand going flat against her chest. God, she would be the happiest woman in the world if she could kiss her forever. 

They separate and Kara brushes her cheek with the back of her finger. "Lena, you know I have no one but you in my sight."

"No one else knows that."

"They will with time."

"When is that going to be?"

Kara frowns with a small sigh. "I don't know," she mutters, almost losing Lena's attention but she draws her back with a gentle grip on her chin. "But we'll figure it out. I promise. I'd rather lose the whole world than lose you if and when we tell people."

"Or if they find out."

"Either way, you know what I mean." Lena smiles and kisses her gently, grinning when she feels Kara's hands around her waist. "But also you being jealous as hell is hot. I could see it behind your eyes."