Wah-pow!

"You know that you can't quantify emotions based on an algorithm, right?" Winn asked Kara, spinning in his chair as she put her things away.

"Winn, you're IT, isn't your whole life based on algorithms?" she asked back, propping her elbows on her desk.

"Yes, so if there was an algorithm for love, I think I would know about it. It's just like, you're gonna know when it hits you, Kara. It'll be all wah-pow!" He even does an exaggeration with a mimic of a punch with the sound effect. Kara just smiled and shook her head at the man, turning back to her desk momentarily until Cat called for her.

That happened three years ago, and those words from her best friend still stuck with her. First, she thought it was with James, and that didn't last. Lucy was attractive, but she didn't feel anything, either. Mon-El, she never felt that wah-pow with him, she just needed a distraction. 

Now Lena was a completely different story. Kara may or may not have felt the wah-pow! Winn was talking about just a year earlier before she met her, but it got dismissed. Considering all Lena needed at that moment was a friend, she didn't want to jeopardize that. Now that she sees it, both she and Lena have been more flirtatious around each other, yet have not confessed. Well, Kara hasn't confessed, seeing as she doesn't know for sure if Lena likes her back or if she's flirting back on purpose or in a friendly banter matter, she just doesn't know.

But when the explosion went off at the base in Kaznia and she heard Lena's heartbeat accelerate more than it already beat, she knew.

"KARA!"

She flew around the side of the inflamed building, making sure she still had the documents and that she herself was not engulfed in the fire.

"Don't want a repeat of last year with fires," she murmured to herself as she jogged to the front of the building towards where the jet was.

When Lena came running around the corner, she sighed in relief. "Kara!" Kara ran right towards her and into her arms, both of them sighing in relief in the comfort of each other's arms. "Are you hurt? Are you—"

"Lena, I'm fine," the blonde said as she pulled back from her. "Look at me, I'm—" Her words were stopped at the sudden grab of her face and Lena's lips on hers, firmly yet softly. Her eyes fluttered closed at the action, reciprocating as she held onto her hips, melting under her touch.

When Lena pulled back, her eyes were filled with tears. "I couldn't have imagined what would happen to you and I wouldn't have been able to do that."

"Wah-pow," she whispered.

Lena furrowed her brow. "Wah-pow?"

"Ignore that, something Winn said," Kara hurried out before she kissed her again, shorter this time. "C'mon, where's Eve?"

When they ran back on the plane, Eve's copy disappeared into thin air and they both sighed in defeat. "Not the real one," Lena murmured.

"Well, at least we have evidence." Kara took out the files in her jacket and handed them over to her to look over. "Back home we go."

Lena got the plane back in the air and on autopilot once more. "So the plan?" she asked, sitting down across from the blonde.

"Show the evidence to James, then head to D.C. as quick as I can to inform the president."

She nodded with a small grin. "Alright, ace reporter." Kara chuckled and ducked her head to hide her blush, adjusting her glasses. "So what did Winn say? Wah-pow?"

"Oh." Kara chuckled more as she picked her head back up to look aimlessly around the plane. "Yeah. When I was Cat's assistant, Alex convinced me to get into the field and had me download a dating app and I told Winn that I had a date." She smiled in remembrance of that day. "He told me feelings and love can't be based off algorithms. He told me that I'd know when it'd hit me and it'd be all—"

"Wah-pow," Lena breathed, finishing her sentence for her.

Kara chuckled once more, looking back at Lena now. "Yeah. Wah-pow."

"Yeah, that makes a lot of sense now," she muttered, getting a confused head tilt from the reporter and she sighed. "I felt.. something when I met you. Just wasn't sure. And I dated James to ignore it." She shook her head. "I just never felt anything with him."

"And what about now?"

Lena smiled right at her, eyes softening as she looked at her. "I felt it with you. And I still do. And I don't want to stop feeling that."

Kara grinned back at her, blushing under her gaze. "I think we can work it out."

"Yeah, I think so, too."