Alien with Human Feelings

Lena knocks on the door and leans towards it when she doesn't hear padded footsteps. "Kara?"

"S'open," she hears her say softly. She takes the invitation and walks in the door, shutting it gently. She quickly scans the apartment as she takes off her jacket and sets her purse down, seeing the dim lighting that was normally brighter and sunnier for her friend, even at night.

"Kar?" Lena sees a quick wipe at her eyes before Kara sits up a bit on her pillows as she comes over.

"Hey, Lee," she says above a whisper. Lena can see the hurt all over her face. The tear stains, dull eyes that are normally bright, and she was in a slightly oversized hoodie and covered in a blanket. What that meant for Kara Danvers was that she had a panic attack. 

The hoodie meant that she needed to feel like she was being hugged, unlike the bigger ones she had. The blanket also did that, too. Under said blanket, she was probably just in her underwear shorts, too.

"Kara." Lena sits down next to her and opens her arms. "C'mere." The blonde scooted over and gently put her head on her chest. The brunette could feel her elevated heartbeat, the slight tremor in her body, as if she were afraid.

"It's okay," she cooed, stroking back her hair that was in a messy ponytail. "You won't hurt me. You never could."

"I'm scared that I will," she whispers back.

"Kara, look at me, please." When she does, Lena smiles softly and wipes away her new tears with her thumb. "You're safe. I know that it hurts to lose your family, the only thing that made you, you, but what this only helps you do is make you stronger." Kara bowed her head and Lena only dipped hers lower to catch her eyes. "I know you'd never hurt me on purpose, or anyone around you. It's okay to feel, Kara. You may be an alien, but you have human feelings, too."

After letting the words sink in, Kara fell back into Lena and tentatively wrapped her arms around her. "It's okay," she tells her again, wrapping her arms around her tightly. She hears a few sniffles from her and hugs her as tight as she can, slowly feeling Kara hug back more and more before she's gripping her shirt to make sure she stays in control

"Lena?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"I've got you," she whispers, kissing her hair gently. "I'm not going anywhere."

A/N: I feel like the thenk u, next album resonates a lot with SuperCorp and the Shawn Mendes album resonates with AgentReign, so you'll probably see a few of those before like I do most if not all songs from the album. If you want more one-shots like that, let me know and drop your own songs!

Btw, check my conversations page for an explanation for this weekend in about five minutes. It'll be announced in case you don't see it