I Knew It - Part 2

A/N: Okay, y'all really wanted a part two, so here we are! Alex's memories are still intact, don't worry. And Colonel Haley doesn't exist, so you're welcome.

The next day, Supergirl flew into James' office early morning at CatCo, sending his papers flying.

He looked up from his work and saw her at the balcony. "Supergirl," he greeted, getting up to walk over to her. "What can I do for you?"

"Hold on."

"Wha-" He didn't finish his word as in a blink of an eye, they were on the CatCo roof, the Kryptonian holding onto him by the collar of his shirt as she was near the edge.

He stared into Kara's eyes, dark and grey, filled with nothing. "Kara, what the hell?"

"What have you done to Lena?" she growled, lifting him off the ground, his feet dangling and barely touching the ground.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he answers with a scared expression.

She let go of him, setting him down on his feet, still close to the edge. "Fine," Kara said, pressing and smoothing the wrinkles down. "If you're not going to talk, I'll make you." She pushed him with an index finger, sending him back, his arms flailing as if they'll help him maintain his balance.

Fortunately for him, Supergirl caught him by his tie, letting him hang over the city, his heels digging into the roof as he steadied himself.

"Fine! Fine!" he yells. "I might've gotten drunk and hit her a couple times. So what?"

"Might've or have, Olsen?" she presses, tilting him back more.

"Okay, I did! The Luthor deserved it anyway." Now that just pissed off the Kryptonian even more. She let him go, his screams were heard all of the many stories down.

He was panting for his breath when M'gann caught him and she floated back up to the roof, seeing Supergirl with her arms crossed. "Well, someone's learned their lesson, right, James?" He nodded vehemently and stumbled when she set him down.

She held up her fingers to his temple. "Not so fast." Her eyes flashed red and his closed as she was erasing the recent events. "Go back to work." He nodded and went back down the fire escape.

M'gann sighed and turned to talk to the Kryptonian, but she was long gone. "Damn Kryptonians."

Lena didn't know who to go to that was in the city. Sure, there was Alex, but they weren't particularly close. So, she decided to call in her private jet and set a course across the country.

"-and the finance department can keep up with that?" When the woman heard heels across the floor, she looked up from her computer and grinned. "I'm going to have to call you back." The brunette hung up as she stood to greet the Luthor. "How come you didn't call ahead and say you were coming to Metropolis?"

"Gee, nice to see you too, Sam," Lena chuckled, embracing her friend, sighing at the touch. Her used-to-be CFO was still the same Sam, just with shoulder-length hair now, and she rocked it. 

Sam grinned, even if she couldn't see it. "It's always nice to see me." Sam pulled back and gripped Lena by the shoulders, doing a one-over on her. "You look more of a mess than usual." She lead her to the couch and let her sit down while she grabbed them some water.

Lena sighed. "I needed someone to talk to, and it couldn't be anyone back home."

"Not even Kara?" Sam asked, sitting down next to her and handing her glass to her.

The raven-haired woman sighed again and leaned into Sam, closing her eyes. "That's the problem. She is my problem."

Sam waited patiently for her to go on, knowing that she got drunk earlier and there was alcohol in her system. She tapped her arm with the hand that was around her shoulders and gestured to her glass of water. "Drink. I can smell the whiskey off you."