Different Together

slightly maybe totally based off slightly real events hah we're not gonna talk bout it

"You don't have to answer this if you don't want to," Lena started, still looking up into the night's sky. "But how did you know you were ace?"

She didn't see it, but Kara shrugged. "Kissed a guy, didn't like it. He wanted to do stuff, so I tried and I kinda sorta vomited after the fact."

Lena tried to retain her laughter but couldn't help but giggle through her words. "You did not."

Kara laughed with her. "Yeah. Then later on when I came here, tried kissing a girl and that was nice. Maybe I'd do it again, I'm just... not comfortable with anything in the sexual sense."

"So more like the sensual stuff, like cuddling." The pair were on the roof of Kara's apartment building after having an early dinner. The blonde suggested that they go watch the sunset with blankets all cuddled up, and they were too comfy to move back downstairs. And since Kara was a literal radiator of heat in the cool fall night, Lena was just perfect.

"Exactly." She looks down at her friend, poking her side to get her attention. "Why do you ask?"

Lena shrugged against her. "I don't know, in full honesty. I mean, I've thought about possibly being ace too since I never really liked any of that, but I still want a relationship." 

"It's still possible." Kara smiles at her. "Just... gotta get there with that one person. Might take a while, but we'll get there. And hey, I'm always going to be here for you." Her hand found Lena's under the blanket. "And whatever you may identify as, I'll always love you for you."

The brunette intertwined their fingers, blushing a bit in the dark night. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"Likewise, Lena. And hey, we'll be uniquely different together."

"That's one way to put it, reporter," Lena chuckles, tucking her head under Kara's chin.