She's Back!

A/N: My gc inspired me to write this, so shoutouts to them! Love you guys.

In the hustle and bustle of the newly constructed CatCo floor, Kara's sensitive ears pick on the muttering she hasn't heard in a year. "What the hell is that smell?"

Kara slowly grins. "No. Way." She pokes her head out of her office right when the elevator dings, announcing the arrival of someone in the elevator. All heads turned to the door, as they knew that Lena was already there and in the office with James, who both came out of the glass room, waiting to see who it was in the dead silence of the dead silence of the office that was only filled with some ringing phones and printers.

When the doors open, the one and only Cat Grant stepped out, her eyes flicking over the place, her glasses arm in between her teeth. "You all look like you've seen a ghost. Why would you all stare at me, as if I were a paranormal event instead of working?" Everyone immediately went back to their work, scrambling to avoid her gaze as she walked through and over to Lena and James in the doorway of the office that once used to be hers.

"Ms. Grant," Lena greets. "I didn't know you would've been back."

"Well, here I am, in the flesh. I appreciate you buying the company from that insane man Edge. And to think I shared my caviar with him. Who designed this place, anyway?" she asked, looking around. "It looks like a man simply redesigned it for more pleasing photos." Cat's eyes go up to James when he clears his throat, Lena sending him a side glare. 

"That would be me," he said.

"I didn't know I left photo boy in charge." She smirked small successfully when James' face twitched and went into a small scowl. 

"Well, photo boy-"

"Can go off and try and be successful in running a multi-billion dollar company while I talk to the girl." James stares at her, Cat meeting his stare. "Did. I. Stutter?" He shakes his head and storms off, closing the doors behind him.

Cat shakes her head. "What was I thinking back then?"

"To be honest, he's not quite fit for the job," Lena agrees, going over to pour a glass of whiskey for them both while Cat sits on the couch. "What are you doing back here?" she asks, giving her drink and sitting down next to her, business mode on.

"I'm going to be honest with you: I've been keeping tabs on this place." Cat takes a sip and shrugs. "Well, not just this place. More specifically, you and Cara."

Lena's eyebrows go up. "Kara and I?"

Cat rolls her eyes. "Yes, unless there's another secret twin of yours. But mainly, I've been keeping tabs on you two because... Well, I think you know." 

The raven-haired woman scoffs. "I don't know what you're talking about," she says into her glass.

"Fine." Cat sets her glass down and goes to her purse to pull out a file and putting her reading glasses on. "You've sent an office full of flowers to her, you've told her she's your favorite person, you've gone out to all breakfast, lunch, and dinner with each other, even if it was in-

"Okay, okay!" Cat side-eyes Lena and raises a brow, making her sigh and look down at her lap. "I know what you mean," Lena mumbles.

The elder woman takes off her glasses and throws them on the couch, as well as the file. "So what are you doing with errand boy in the first place, then? Hmm?"

Lena knocked back the rest of her drink and sighed at the burn in the back of her throat. "I'm her best friend," she whispers. "I'm not supposed to be in love with her."