Trapped (In the Closet)

small, small smut if you squint

"Yeah, and then Winn set James' labcoat on fire."

Kara laughed loud at Lena's story as they walked up the walkway of their high school. "No way."

"Way." Lena matched her grin. "They honestly thought tortilla chips wouldn't catch on fire."

The blonde snickers, running a hand over her short hair. "That's gold."

"Made my afternoon yesterday, honestly." She rests her head on Kara's shoulder, shuddering slightly as she got closer for warmth in the crisp air of the fall. 

Kara noticed and she stopped completely, making Lena stop walking and was yanked back since their arms were linked in one another's. "Kara?"

"Why do you insist that you're never cold?" the blonde mutters to herself, dropping her backpack from her left shoulder and taking off her letterman jacket.

"Kara—"

"I play football in spandex and leggings in the winter, you, my dear, do not and don't know how to handle the cold, so just—" Kara sighs and opens the jacket. "Please."

Lena smiles at her. "Aw, you're a softie underneath all that muscle."

Kara looks down at herself in her t-shirt and flexes her muscles, looking up with a grin. "Don't judge a book. Now, come on." The brunette rolls her eyes and takes her own bag off her shoulder to slide her arms through the extra big sleeves, sighing at the warmth Kara's body left.

"Thanks," she whispers up at her when Kara links their arms again.

"Gladly." The two continue their walk, making it into the school and laughing along the way to their first period, weaving through students as Kara dapped up her fellow football players.

As they made it upstairs, the hallways got quieter, considering the lower floors were always the busiest in the mornings, leaving them practically alone. Kara stops at her locker to grab her Algebra textbook. Lena was considerate enough to stay behind and assist the class instead of moving ahead since she has all of her credits done.

"When's the game this week?" she asks, leaning against the lockers next to her.

"Friday at home against Stonewall," Kara says. "Friday traditions are still on—"

"Which means pizza, potstickers, and movie marathon sleepover with the gang."

The football player grinned as she slammed the locker close. "You got that right." Lena instinctively puts her hand on her arm as they walk to the other end of the hallway.

"Hey, did you see your sibling?" Lena asked. "They said they had my Spanish homework."

"Don't know why they need it if they're with Maggie," she mutters. "Well, they're all over each other, so that doesn't leave room for—" Kara grunts when she's pushed into Lena and into an open door, knocking into the wall and squishing the girl slightly. 

"Geez! What the?" The light from outside goes away as the door closes and it locks with a click behind them.

Laughs are heard from behind the door when Kara goes up to the small window. "Who knew Sawyer had enough strength to knock down the Girl of Steel?"

Kara bangs on the door. "Alex!"

"Sorry, sis," Alex says, coming up to the window with an unapologetic smile on their face. "But you and Luthor need to—" they make a circle with their fingers and push a finger from their other hand in it "—y'know?" Kara bangs on the door again, only making her sibling laugh. "This, actually, was not my idea, but have fun!" They walk away and two other shorter people follow her, probably Winn and Maggie.

Kara drops her head on the door with a thud and sighs. "Goddamn my sibling."

"Well, I never wanted to go to Algebra, anyway." Kara turns and sees Lena on her phone, leaned against the wall and wrapped in her letterman jacket in the small space of the broom closet. Her hair slightly wavy and down made her look so soft and vulnerable. Even if she was, she never liked to show it, but Kara was one of the only few people that ever saw her that way. And Kara loved it.

When the brunette turns on her flashlight and looks up, she grins sheepishly. "What?"

Kara takes the two steps forward to stand right in front of her. "Do we need light?"

"If you want to see."

"Do you want to get caught?"

"Particularly not."

"So turn it off," Kara whispers lowly, sending a shiver down Lena's spine and down south. She turns it off and pockets it, leaving them in the dark as she lets her backpack fall to the ground behind her.

Lena could still make out the shape of Kara's jaw and up to her short, gelled hair. When her eyes adjusted, she could make out her eyes, nose, and mouth. Mainly the last feature since they were so close, open, and her breath was hot on her face.

"If you have every intention of what I'm thinking—"

"There are a few."

"—then do it," Lena muttered, eyes flicking down to her lips and back up to her eyes, challenging her with a quirk of her eyebrow. "Or are you a coward?"

"Lena Luthor, calling me a coward is definitely the wrong way to go," Kara husked low, placing a hand above her shoulder, leaning closer.

Lena went to her ear, pausing for effect before she said, "Coward." When she pulled back, she bit her bottom lip to prevent her grin to grow into a shit-eating one, but the grin altogether disappeared when Kara's lips were on hers hard and urgent, hands roaming her backside as Lena went up to her short her, marveled at how soft it was as she threaded her fingers through it.

The kiss got slower, softer, more tender as Kara held her loser in her hold yet still close. The football player kissed her one more time before she pulled back to look her in her eyes, where the green ones got darker, full of lust.

"Guess you're not a coward after all," Lena chuckles with a smile, bowing her head down.

Kara tilted her head back up and smiled at her blush. "Told you not to."

"And yet, I did it anyway."

"And look where that ended up." They both giggled, knocking their foreheads together in the process.

Outside, the warning bell rang, letting them know they had seven minutes left until first period starts. Lena runs her fingers through her hair, lightly scratching at her scalp and Kara sighs at her touch. "I kinda just wanna cuddle now."

Lena laughs truly. "On this floor?"

"Anything can be made to cuddle."

"Kara, no, that's disgusting and unsanitary."

"Well, is your mom home?" She laughed when Lena swatted her arm that was still around her as she resumed her previous position with her right hand against the wall, the left around Lena's waist.

"Kara, we can't just—"

"Uh, yeah, we can. And don't say you haven't thought about it before."

Lena rolls her eyes. "I mean, who hasn't?"

"Exactly, so if my sibling doesn't come here in the next two minutes, then we bust out of here and head to your place. If they do, then we're stuck in school. Deal?" 

The brunette reaches up and kisses her lips softly, grinning when she felt her smirk. "Deal."

The sight that Alex, Maggie, and Winn opened the door to was Lena pinned against the wall, one of Kara's arms under her thighs and shirt.

"JESUS CHRIST!" Alex yelled, running away and pulling Winn and his virgin eyes away from them, even if they jumped off each other at the shout.

Maggie shook her head. "It was their idea, I don't understand why they're not happier."

Kara kisses Lena swiftly. "Excuse me, please." She runs out the closet and looks left and right down the hall, seeing her brother run down the left staircase. "Alex, you liar!" she shouted, running after them, not giving a damn if they were all late.