Future Glimpse

A/N: So this is based off of two things: Thing one: my gc (EvieBP had this idea) inspired me to write this. Thing two: THAT TUMBLR RUMOR THAT WE DON'T KNOW IF IT'S TRUE THAT MEL AND KATIE HAD A SHOT WHERE THEY KISSED AND THEY LAUGHED AFTER THE TAKE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT. 

So yea. 

Here we go.

When Kara saw James kissing Lucy all of three, four years ago, she was jealous of her because she has him and that she'll never find anyone like him for her.

When Mon-El came along, she thought it would never work. There was also Lena, who she thought could be a factor, but that was in the back of her mind. Then the universe proved her wrong and she and Mon-El worked. Then after his departure and return with a wife, she was certain that no one would be right for her, especially now that Lena and James were a thing.

Alex was off visiting Sam and Ruby in Metropolis, and since the two decided it's been forever, Kara and Lena decided to have their own girl's night.

"No," Kara said sternly.

"But why," Lena whined.

"You cannot keep picking documentaries for your movie every time we hang out!"

"What are you going to do about it? Bite me?" she joked. Kara closed her eyes and stuck her tongue out, making Lena laugh her melodic laugh, the blonde soon chuckling with her.

"I missed you, Kara," she says, putting her hand on top of hers that was between the small space on the couch between the two of them. "Feels like the only time I get to see you is a brief glimpse at work."

Kara turns her hand over so that their hands were locked together. "Me too, Lee. Me, too," she echoes softly as her eyes were locked with Lena's. The green ones shimmered and shined with mischief for a moment, glancing down for a moment. The brunette opened her mouth to say something, but when a portal ripped open in the middle of the apartment, both of them quickly whipped around to see what was happening.

Two teens, one boy, one girl, came through the portal, the other side of the opening showing a frozen street, everything still.

The boy grins. "Awesome!"

The girl takes off her hood, letting her brown hair flow down her shoulders. "Dammit, Connor! We weren't supposed to go that fast." She had on a blue hoodie with the House of El crest and highlights on it while the boy, Connor, had a black shirt with a red crest on it, tan khaki pants, his hair black and purposefully messy.

"Hey, Uncle Winn said that the calculations were correct! If we didn't go above that speed-"

"Which you did-"

"-then we wouldn't be," he looks around and his eyes land on Lena and Kara. "-here." The girl follows his line of sight and her mouth falls open.

She slaps the back of his head. "You dumbass! You made us go back in time."

"I didn't know I could even go that fast," Connor says, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well with all the tests Winn and I had to put you through with Alex, Kara, and Lena-" she slaps a hand over her mouth and her eyes largen over at the two on the couch, who were very confused. "Shit."

"HA!" Connor laughs. "Great job, Ruby." It was his turn to slap a hand over his mouth.

"Again: you dumbass!"

"At least I didn't list off all the names of who we're involved with in the future, which could potentially endanger this timeline."

"Still a dumbass!"

Kara peers over their shoulders as they bantered back and forth. "Oh my Rao," she whispers to herself, making the two stop, one turn to what she was looking at, the other at the blonde.

"Double shit!" Future Ruby exclaimed.

"Make that triple," Connor said, looking back at the two. "Ma, I'm so sorry, I-"

"Connor Zor-El Danvers-L-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" Kara orders as she stands up, making them both shut up. She points back and forth between the two. "Wherever time period you came from, go back before you destroy and create a new timeline!"

"Yes, ma'am," they say in sync.

"The penthouse is better!" Connor says quickly before they're through the portal and it's gone once again, leaving the two in silence.

Kara sighs as she sits back down, rubbing her eyes under her glasses, muttering to herself, "I swear to God."

"Do I want to know what just happened or what you saw in the portal?" Lena asks. "I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the first one, though."

"Don't say it," the blonde moans, shaking her head back and forth. "Just... choose whatever movie you want."

"If that's all that had to hapen for you to come to terms with the movie selection, then they should've come earlier." Kara had to smile and look up from her hands at that, seeing Lena smile back down at her. 

"Also, no more suprises for the week, so I'll say it," the brunette says, looking at the television to choose a movie. "I know you're Supergirl."

"Wait, what?"