Naps and Sleep

"Lee."

Lena hummed as she didn't look up from her computer, offering her a raise of her eyebrow instead.

"Take a break. You've been at it for hours."

"Kar, honey, I'm fine."

"You haven't even looked at me."

Lena looked up, seeing Kara lightly pouting at her, book on her chest, glasses off and hair sprawled. She sighed with a small smile. "Because I knew you were going to look at me like that."

"Well, I've got to get you off of there somehow."

Lena turns back to her computer while she says, "Five minutes, babe." She hears Kara hum in agreeance and shift her position on the couch so she was sitting up, finishing her book.

It was quite more than five minutes later when Lena closes her laptop. She turns to her right to see Kara asleep, book discarded to the side. Lena smiled at the beauty of her girlfriend while she slept. She took off her own reading glasses and curled up on her lap, wrapping her arms around her waist, leaning her head against her abdomen. Soon, she felt a hand resting on her back and one going up to her hair. "You faker," Lena muttered tiredly.

"Had to get you to take a break somehow."

Lena only hummed in response while Kara's fingers lightly scratched at her temple, lulling her to sleep.

<><><><>

It was well past midnight in National City when one Kara Danvers was flying her way home after a long day as not only a journalist but as Supergirl with crimes and rogue aliens popping up left and right, which lead her to only arrive at her apartment later than the usual. 

She silently flew through the window, knowing that her counterpart could've been awake or asleep with the television on, but unknowing at the moment before hovering over to the couch that was facing back towards the window. Kara smiled at the sight of cuteness in front of her. 

Lena was curled up on the couch, tablet laying on her forearm, hair in a messy bun, and a wine glass on the table in front of her. The tv was turned to the news channel that covered all of Kara's battles as Supergirl throughout the night as it all unfolded. Kara turned off the screen and moved her tablet to the table with the glass. She looked down at her and saw that she was lightly shivering. Probably from the open window, Kara thinks. She detaches her cape and places it around Lena to warm her up. She quickly changed into her pajamas before coming back and picking Lena up bridal style and to the bedroom for a proper night's sleep.

Lena's eyes blinked open at the light coming in from the bedroom, not remembering how she got there. She noticed a familiar red cloth around her, wrapped around her as an arm was over her waist, somewhat trapping her. 

"Kara?"

"Well, who else would be sleeping with you?" Kara asked, sleep in her voice. "Might I add, in my apartment."

Lena turned around and wrapped her arms around her, hugging her tight, knowing she could barely feel it while being the Girl of Steel. "You always scare me when you go out."

"Babe, I'm here, aren't I?" Kara chuckled, hugging her back. "I'm always going to come back. Promise."

"Good. And," Lena said, pulling back to look at her with a small smirk and eyebrow. "I thought this was our apartment."

Kara fake pouted as she brushed hair out of Lena's face. "Smooth."

"It's why you're dating me."

"Yeah," she admits with a grin before kissing her.

<><><><>

It was a long day for Supergirl. Crimes all day, a few rogue aliens here and there, and some challenges.

Kara sighed. "Is that it, Alex?"

"Yep. Go home. I'll call you later."

"Thanks." She tiredly flew off in the air, back to her apartment.

When she went in through the window, she didn't even bother turning on the lights, as she could see just fine. She also didn't bother to take off her suit, just her boots before crashing into the bed, sleep hitting her right as she fell. 

It was a long day for the CEO of L-Corp, too. Meetings, paperwork, experiments, the whole nine. Normally, her girlfriend would come to pick her up and bring her home, as she had tendencies for long work days and work late hours. She never came.

Lena looked at the clock and sighed. She closed up her laptop, grabbed her purse and jacket and made her way out the building. As she was in the back of her limo, sleep was starting to get at her, making her realize her tiredness.

When she arrived at the shared apartment, she left everything at the door. The only destination she had in mind was the bed. She smiled softly at the sight of her superhero girlfriend, sleeping heavily, not aware of her arrival. She crawled in next to her, fitting in her frame, laying her head on her somehow soft bicep and on top of her cape.

 She crawled in next to her, fitting in her frame, laying her head on her somehow soft bicep and on top of her cape

Busy lives for busy women