The Jock and Nerd

Kara Danvers was the jock. Not the mean one, though. Short hair, broad build, abs, muscles, she had it all. She loved soccer, football, basketball, softball, and baseball. Something else she loved was not a sport.

It was Lena Luthor.

Lena Luthor was a nerd. She admitted it. She sometimes wore glasses to help her read, she loved Star Wars, science, space, math, STEM, all of it. She, too, loved something else.

Kara Danvers.

They were friends, but they didn't know about their loves for each other since they're oblivious. But of course, all of their friends knew.

"Lena, come on!" Winn complains. "She's totally into you."

"And how would you know, Winn?" Lena asks, taking off her safety glasses to look at him over the table from their project. 

He gives her a lopsided grin. "I'm the friend between the friends that have the insane crushes on each other."

"He's right," James says, bringing over a beaker full of water. "About both things. She's totally into you."

Lena sighed. "What do you want me to do, then?"

James looked over at Winn and they both grinned. "There's a football game tonight."

"Lena no."

"Lena yes," they both said with grins.

"We'll buy the tickets," James says.

"We will?" Winn asks but gets a wide-eyed glare from James. His mouth goes into a small 'o.' "T-That's right. We are."

Lena sighs. "Fine."

"Go long, Kara!"

Kara ran off forty yards as the football glided through the air in a perfect spiral. She looked up just in time to catch the ball in the end zone.

Mon-El runs over. "Nice. Not half bad."

"What do you mean, not half bad?" Maggie says, running over and taking the ball from Kara. "She's frikin' amazing." She threw the ball over to Sam.

"We'll beat 'em tonight," Sam says as she threw it back to Kara. Only Kara was on the team, but they all took it seriously and as a whole. Plus, they were her biggest fans since they were her closest friends.

"You'll kill 'em, sis," Alex says, clapping a hand on her shoulder.

Kara grins. "Thanks, guys."

Sam's phone buzzes in her pocket and she gets it out and automatically grins. "Guess who's coming to the game tonight?"

Maggie grinned. "No way. They convinced her?"

"Hell yeah!" Sam and Maggie high-fived.

"That's what I'm talkin' about!"

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Alex asked, confused.

"Who do you think?" Maggie asked with a smirk.

Alex's mouth opened into a grin. "No. Frikin. Way."

"Way," Maggie and Sam said together.

"Guys!" Kara said loudly to get their attention. "Any of you plan on telling me?"

The three girls only exchanged glances and snickered. "Nuh-uh," Sam said, shaking her head.

"No way, Lil' Danvers."

"You're just gonna have to wait and see," Alex says. "We've gotta go finish up homework before the game. Be back later!" The three walk off the field together, leaving Mon-El and Kara there with the ball.