Black and White

Lena only saw black and white. Everyone did. Well, everyone who hadn't found their soulmate yet. Ever since she was born, it was just black and white. Even at a young age of twenty-three, she was beginning to think she was going to be alone for the rest of her life....

Until she met Kara Danvers.

Yeah. 

The bubbly, babbling, blonde we all know and love, who, by the way, is the female Kryptonian hero Supergirl; the last of her kind. And, well, Lena didn't know she was blonde, since, you know, black and white.

Lena was always more smiley and flirty when she was around. She hasn't felt this way since Jack, and her promising she would always be there for her made her feel even better. Lena couldn't deny the growing feelings for the blonde. Hell, she even filled her office up with flowers! 

Lucky for her, Kara was on the same page.

Lena knocked on the door and it was soon to be opened by Kara herself, grinning. "You did not."

Lena copied her grin. "Oh, but I did." She raised up the bag of potstickers and pizza in her hands with an added six-pack of root beer.

Kara takes the food out of her hands and lets her in to set the food down in the living room. "You're amazing."

Lena chuckles as she closes the door behind her and takes off her flats. "It's a Friday night, so what better way to spend it with you?"

Kara could feel her cheeks heating up at her comment as she fiddled with her glasses. "And I know I can say the same for you."

The two relax in the living room, cuddled next to each other, as they ate their food and talked about their days as one being a CEO and the other a journalist and Supergirl duties. Now finished with their food, the two were nursing their root beers while watching Incredibles 2

"Hey, Kar?"

Kara hummed from her shoulder, her head being on it, encouraging her to continue.

"Did you ever see color with Mon-El?" The thought's never occurred to Lena until now.

She felt Kara shake her head on her shoulder. "No. That was a... very toxic relationship that I never should've been in."

"Especially if his mother was going to invade when looking for him and killing our city," Lena muttered into her bottle, making Kara chuckle and bury her face in the crook of Lena's neck, no doubt making Lena blush and smile.

"Yeah, that too." Lena looked down at her right and saw the Kryptonian, smiling and lightly blushing up at her. Lena took note at the small distance between them, but nevertheless, she grinned. "Hey."

Kara grinned back at her. "Hi."

Lena took the plunge and kissed her. Sweet, soft, and tender. To her surprise, Kara kissed back. It was oh so different than Jack, Mon-El, James, and all the other guys and girls the two have kissed.

The first thing either of them saw when they opened their eyes were green and blue orbs. The green, almost like a dark emerald green, roughly seeming like the Super's weakness, accompanied by hints of gold and brown. The blue, otherworldly; like crystals or the ocean that had their sparkles of the stars in them. 

"Your eyes," both of them said breathlessly.

"We're seeing color," Kara stated after a small moment of silence.

"Quite the detective, Danvers," Lena closed her eyes as she chuckled. When she opened them, she saw the cute blonde in front of her, grinning and lightly giggling.

"Leave that to Maggie."

"But this is now no mystery that we," she drew out, coming closer to her newly discovered counterpart. "Are soulmates."

"I've always had a feeling around you," Kara said out of the blue. "Feeling of belonging, being myself, kind of always human." She grinned at her as she saw Lena give her a warm and loving smile. 

"And I a sense of being loved and accepted by you."

Kara leaned forward and pressed her lips to Lena's. "Plus growing feelings."

Lena was able to giggle before getting silenced by Kara's lips. "That might've been a factor as well."

Kara ducked her head a touch lower to give her a playful, almost threatening glare. "Might have?"

Lena grinned. "Okay, it was."

"Can I kiss you again?"

"I think I would like nothing more."

The sight that Alex and Maggie came to was Kara over Lena on the couch, making out. "Kara!"

Kara jumped up, Lena equally being as frightened. "Alex!" she hissed.

Maggie smirked and held out her hand. Alex groaned as she gave Maggie a fifty. "Score for my Little Danvers sister!"