Tell Me You Mean It

Small rewrite of 2x18 'cause I got inspo from @/les_corp on insta and said I should do it so I did lol. but yeah Lena goes to Kara instead of Jack after that dinner scene so enjoy.

Mon-El stormed out of Kara's apartment, leaving the blonde satisfied with his leave. With the repeated confessings of his feelings, she snapped, not regretting one thing that she said, leaving him pissed.

He did leave the door open, which she didn't take in as she was looking down at the counter, trying to get the anger off her by controlling her breathing.

"You really aren't safe, are you?" The voice shocked her, making her jump and look to see who it was.

"Lena," Kara breathed, all of a sudden remembering she didn't have her glasses on, becoming a bit frantic.

"Kara, sweetie, I know," she reassures her softly as she closed the door gently, her heels clicking as she walked over to her to comfort her. She put her hands on top of hers that were on top of the counter, the knuckles almost white. "And it's okay."

"I'm sorry," Kara whispered, looking at her with regret.

"It's alright," she whispered back, wiping away the tears with a thumb gently. "It's not like you hid it from me for years." Kara chuckled softly, bowing her head down and making the brunette smile small.

"Is there, uh, something you needed?" Kara asked, looking back up and scratching her temple, the CEO retracting her hands. "I thought you went back to L-Corp with Jack."

Lena's mouth opened as she tried to find the words. "I initially did, but to set some things straight with him."

"Care to detail?" she teases.

Lena chuckles as she sits down on a stool, her hands clasped on the table. "He, um, wanted to reactivate my old feelings for him since he still had them for me."

"And you didn't?"

"What's in the past is in the past." She shrugs, looking off into nothing. "That was then, this is now. And what I feel now is definitely not for him."

Kara chuckles at the vague confession. "Well, that's good."

"And what's not is that I saw you upset and pissed when some Daxamite left the door open." Lena's eyes flicked back to her when she sighed and bowed her head. "What did the asshole do?"

"Tried to make me fall in love with him by doing some grandass gesture from Romeo and Juliet or something," Kara groaned, rubbing her eyes. "He just keeps finding new ways to piss me off more and more."

"Care to detail?"

The blonde chuckled once, glancing up at her. "He's a Daxamite. They're known to be assholes. Especially since he's the prince."

"Is royalty not enough for you, Miss..."

"Zor-El," she chuckled, picking her head back up and pacing a bit around the room, detailing her life on Krypton. "Technically, Zor-Els were sort of the most respected house back on Krypton, but I never cared." Lena stood up and watched and listened with interest. "They were a monarchy, we were a democracy, and their ways were terrible. Slavery, worshipping the higher levels, everything that they did was just cruel and not what Rao would've wanted." She shook her head, realizing she was on a tangent and pacing, so she stopped in the middle of her room. "He tried to use those ways on me, and even if I were giving obvious uninterested signals, I love someone else, not him."

"And you haven't told me who?" Lena puts a hand to her chest in a hurt way. "And I thought we were best friends."

Kara chuckled and shook her head. "I haven't told you who I love because it might affect us."

"Kara, there's no way we could be affected by someone you or I love," the Luthor says, walking over to her and taking her hands to reassure her. "You're my only friend in National City, I'm not letting you go that easily, Kar."

"So what if I told you that the person I love is you?" she whispered, leaving Lena to process that for a moment, blinking a couple of times before it all got to her in a matter of five seconds that felt like agony to the blonde, so she kept going.

"I love you, Lena Luthor," Kara said softly, her eyes dipping to her lips before up to her green eyes. "Ever since I met you, even if I didn't know it then, I sure do now."

"Do you mean it?" she asked back.

"Every word."

"Oh, Kara," Lena murmured before taking her lips in her own, passionately kissing her, getting the same amount of fire back with a small moan. She followed Kara to the couch, falling down on top of her, ensuing a make out that was destined to have more following.