One Day At A Time AU*

"Thanks for dinner, Mrs. Danvers, but I'm just going to relax until the lockdown's over." Lena went back into the apartment, leaving them all with confused faces.

"I don't know what's going on between you two," Maggie started. "But I'm sensing major gay vibes."

"Aren't there always major gay vibes if you and I are in the same room?" Alex asked her.

"Yeah."

Kara rolled her eyes before she sighed and followed her. "Hey," she said, leaning out of the fire escape, seeing Lena lean against the railing. "What are you doing out here?"

Lena continued looking out, not bothering to look back. "Pretty clear you didn't want me in the apartment, so..."

Kara sighed and grunted as she climbed up out onto the escape with her, standing next to her. she fiddled with her Harry Potter Hufflepuff scarf; they were supposed to go to Comicon but thanks to the lockdown, those plans changed easily. "I'm sorry. I just-"

"It's fine," Lena said, facing her. "Message received."

Kara furrowed her brow. "What message? What did you receive?"

"That you aren't into me," Lena said in an obvious tone. "It's fine. I'm cool with just being friends."

"I don't wanna be your friend."

"Oh, great," Lena said, going back to the railing. "Way to let me down easy."

"No, look, it's the opposite. I like you so much," Kara confessed as she wrung her fingers together, making Lena turn back to her at her confession. "Like, so so much."

"Yeah? Well, you have a strange way of showing it." Kara took her face in her hands and kissed her, Lena's going up to her biceps.

"I'm sorry. I just, I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to mess this up-" Lena interrupted her with her own kiss as she held her face in her hands this time and Kara's going to her hips.

Soon, a helicopter hovered over them, flashing lights around them. "Please, go back inside." In favor of responding, they kept kissing each other. "Kissing teenagers, please go back inside."

"In a minute!" Kara hollered, making the helicopter go away. She grinned dorkily at Lena as she fiddled with her scarf and looked at her.

Lena smirked. "Don't worry. I'll protect you."

"No," Kara draws out, wrapping her scarf around her. "I'll protect you," she said as she brought her closer with the scarf.

"Oh, because you kissed me first, so that makes you the protector? That is so reductive," Lena said, answering her own question, making Kara chuckle and mess with the ends of the scarf again. "How about we protect each other?"

Kara grinned fully at her. "Deal," she said before Lena kissed her again.

A/N: One Day At A Time is an AMAZING show. Has all the issues we have going on in the world with race, sexism, LGBTQ+ and wayyy more. Plus, it's super funny. Season three is out January 2019