Cheesy Christmas

Christmas was around the corner, so of course the Super Family needed to have a Christmas party together.

This year, it was held at Maggie and Alex's shared apartment. The tree was decorated with white lights, as well as classic bulb ornaments, accompanied with a couple of Supergirl and L-Corp ornaments, and some from Midvale and some randomness as well. Gifts sat under the tree, considering it was, well, Christmas time.

Lights strung around the apartment ceiling as well, giving it a nice ambiance in the whole apartment, adding onto the Christmas lofi on in the background. The dining tables were slightly full of desserts and some appetizers and of course some alcohol. Each family member would bring in a different dish to contribute to the meal, like a Christmas potluck.

"You're so wrong for this," Alex mutters as she watches her wife stand on her tiptoes on top of the stepstool. "Be careful, babe."

"I am careful. Listen, it's about time they need to stop dancing around their feelings and grow up," Maggie replies, taping the sprig onto the ceiling, relaxing back onto her feet. "I'm sick of them making love eyes at each other every time I see them."

"Granted if they do get together at one point or another, they're still going to do that." Alex chuckles when her wife makes a grabby-hand movement and she wraps her arms around the Latina's legs and scoops her up off the ottoman, Maggie laughing as she twirled her around. "You're such a child."

"A child with a gun and a dildo, Danvers." Alex cackles as she lowers her down on the floor, kissing her forehead just as there's a knock at the door. "Oh. Totally forgot to tell you, but everybody is in on the idea."

"How the fuck do you forget to tell me— heyyyy Sam! Ruby!" she nervously chuckles when her wife opens the door and sees them standing there. "Please tell me you heard none of that."

"Only the part where you said fuck but hey, what's new?" Sam grinned as Ruby hugged Maggie, then Alex. "We still on?"

"Oh, most definitely," Maggie says with a mischievous grin, her friend giving one in return as she steps inside. "We'll wait for the others."

Everyone but Kara and Lena have arrived at the Sawyer-Danvers household, laughing and talking amongst themselves as they helped themselves to drinks and appetizers, spread out around the apartment.

Winn, Ruby, and Nia were in the living room, battling it out on Super Smash Bros Ultimate while also singing Christmas songs. J'onn and Brainy were talking space near the tree as they sorted gifts for everyone, and Sam, Alex, and Maggie were in the kitchen, snacking and drinking as they gossiped about their friends. And on purpose, everyone was set away from the mistletoe that was hanging from the ceiling. It was perfect.

"How much do you want to bet that they had a feelings talk before they got here?" Maggie suggests with a grin, popping a cranberry in her mouth as she leaned against the table on her arms.

Sam scoffed as she swirled around her drink. "Knowing Lena and Kara? I'll bet you sixty that they didn't and just nervously danced around each other."

Maggie gives her a devilish grin, a gleam in her eyes. "You're on, Arias."

It was only minutes after the two made their deal that Lena and Kara made their way through the door, locked arm in arm as Kara carried the multiple bags of food and gifts, Lena with three bags in her hand as well.

"Finally, they arrive!" Winn exclaims, getting everyone to greet them as they take off their jackets and hanging them up in the closet. "Kara, wanna play Mario Kart? Ruby has been unstoppable!"

"Yeah, let me put everything down first." The blonde goes over to the tree bending down next to Lena to put their presents along with the rest. "Excited?"