Ryan Seaman x Reader - She Loves You

Summary: Ryan and the Reader have been broken up for a while when Dallon randomly meets her and she tells him how she feels about Ryan
Reader: female
Warnings: ANGST (with fluffy ending, who am I kidding guys. You know I won't write an angsty ending)
Word count: 2 008
A/N: Obviously based on the song of the same title by the Beatles. Also: look at who remembered they have a wattpad account!

Dallon chewed on his lower lip as he stepped foot into the brightly lit studio. Ryan was, as so often sitting behind his drums, but just like the past couple of weeks, he looked gloomy. He did not even look up at his bandmate, he only tapped the sticks against one of the drums, but there was no rhythm or pattern behind his actions.

Had Dallon still been wondering whether or not he should actually stick to his promise, so was he now sure he had to. Throwing his jacket over one of the chairs next to the door, he pretended to sound indifferent when he spoke up.

"I saw (y/n) yesterday," he noted, and immediately the soft sound of the drums stopped as Ryan froze up. He didn't look up, just sat there, muscles tensed, and waiting what would come next. "I dropped Knox off at a birthday party one of his friends was having at the museum, and I saw her sitting in the café, so we talked a little." Still Ryan did not move. "What the hell happened between the two of you?"

Dallon had expected her to react negatively to his presence, after all he was Ryan's best friend, but he had not expected her to grow as pale as she did. After all he still considered himself to be her friend as well.

"It's been a while," she mumbled, and averted her eyes, looking back at the cup of tea she was holding between her hands.

"It has," Dallon agreed, "how have you been?"

He wanted to ask if she was okay with him sitting down here, but he did not. It just did not feel right. So he neither asked nor sat down.

She hesitated for a moment, before looking at him, her eyes serious, and tired. The same tiredness he had seen on Ryan's face the past weeks.

"Horrible," she admitted in one word, before glancing down to the other chair at her tiny table and then back up to Dallon; he would not get more of an invitation to sit down than that. Quickly he pulled out the chair and sat down; he needed to talk to her. "How... how's Ryan?"

Her voice was quiet; as if she was scared Dallon would hear her question.

"He- I think he's really in a terrible place right now," Dallon told her, "but he won't talk to me. He didn't even- I don't even know what happened between you two. Not that it's any of my business, but he's my friend, and so are you. And I worry. You seemed to be so happy together."

To be honest, you did not know what had happened either. One moment everything had been perfect, and the next moment you had been fighting, and Ryan had said things- things that had been so hurtful in that second- and instead of trying to solve the situation, you had run away, hurt and scared you might say equally hurtful things to him. And in the end, everything that hurt him hurt you too. You had not spoken with each other since.

"How is she?"

Ryan looked up from where he had been staring off into the distance, and when Dallon saw the tears swimming in the drummer's eyes, it almost broke his heart.

"Horrible," he repeated her single-word-answer.

Ryan swallowed hard, and turned his head away.

"Ryan-," Dallon took a careful step closer to the drum set, as if he would scare Ryan away any second, "what... what are you thinking? Talk to me, I want to help."