Dallon Weekes x Reader - And Then a Slow Song Came On...

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
female
Warnings
: some assholes
Word
count: 2 637

"How important?"

"Really, really, really important. Please (Y/n)," the voice of your friend begged through the phone. You smiled and turned away from the aquarium you had been watching. You had already made your decision to accompany Dallon to his high school reunion as his girlfriend, which in reality you were not, but it was fun to have him beg a little longer. "They are all super big assholes; you know how they treated me back then. I just want to fool them, show them that they have no power over me anymore, make them a little jealous. Please (Y/n), just for that one evening!"

"Why would they be jealous," you suddenly wondered. You had assumed Dallon just did not want them to know he had no girlfriend, which, in their eyes, would make him look like a looser, even though you were not sure why someone would draw that conclusion from someone's relationship status. Why would they be jealous if they saw he was with you?

"Because you are hella hot? And super beautiful! And intelligent and funny and just all around perfect," Dallon bubbled. "Please (Y/n), come on. For me?"

You were slightly overwhelmed by Dallon's words. It had been a while since someone had paid you a compliment, so hearing such a list of positive attributes confused you slightly. You had never considered yourself any of the things Dallon had said, but it made you smile, knowing that he seemed to think that about you.

"And so are you, Dal," you answered, still a little dizzy from his words, "And trust me, I wouldn't have said no anyway."

~*~

You felt a little uncomfortable in the black heels you were wearing. They made you awfully aware of how rarely you wore them. Dallon had assured you that the event would be held in a casually-elegant style, so you had chosen a slim, black skirt paired with a pastel blue blouse and a dark blue cardigan. You walked over to the car, in which Dallon was waiting for you, suddenly realizing that this was actually happening, and for the first time since you had agreed to this little stunt, you started to panic slightly.

"You look amazing," grinned Dallon as he got out of the car, to open the door for you.

Your eyes quickly scanned his appearance. He was wearing a black suit with a white button-up, looking very presentable himself.

"So do you," you complimented and climbed into the car, smiling at Dallon who made sure you were safely inside before slamming the heavy door shut.

When he climbed in the driver's seat, he took a look at you, staring for a moment too long, as he realized, before he quickly averted his gaze.

"Sooo," you pulled the vocal out, shooting a glance at Dallon who started the motor and pulled out into the street, "how does Mr. Weekes imagine this little act to play out?"

Your question visibly distressed Dallon, his knuckles turning white as his grip around the steering wheel tightened, and bit his lip.

"I thought, you know, the usual story? Friends to lovers, kind of," he explained, keeping his eyes fixed on the road, knowing you were watching him carefully.

"Okay," you shrugged and turned a little sideways, so you were looking out of your window, "the 'we went to a party together, and I wanted to dance but no one would dance with me, so you did and then a slow song came on, and we kissed because secretly we've been in love the whole time' story?"

"Yeah, kinda like that," Dallon answered, sounding relieved that you were playing along so well.

"What kind of guy are you when it comes to relationships? Lots of pda?"