Gerard Way x Reader - Gotham City Rivals

Reader: Catwoman!Reader
Warnings
: a little bit of fighting, minor injuries
Word
count: 2 716

Carefully you slid open the window to the building. Pretty stupid to house such a major company in a house with slid-able windows and not locking them from inside. But then again you were ten stories up, and most thieves did not go through the trouble of climbing up to the tenth floor to break in, at least not when there was no fire escape or anything else to climb up on. Lucky that you did not need anything but the wall and a few slim window stills. When you had opened the window far enough, you slipped into the room, your feet landing graciously and without a sound on the floor of the office.

The black fabric of your suit was tight around your chest, which annoyed you a little, but at the same time it protected you; the fabric was of a special quality, no blade was able to penetrate it, all while taking none of your suppleness.

For a few seconds you stopped in your tracks, listening to your surroundings, but everything was quiet, not even the humming of a printer or computer was audible. With quick steps you approached the desk in the office. The pharma company you were breaking into was planning on bringing a new medicament onto the market, one that showed severe side effects. About a quarter of the subjects, on which the meds had been tested, had completely lost their mind, and within a few days had behaved no more civilized than the dogs on the streets. Of course, a company of this size had managed to destroy all the evidence, and since they cared about nothing but their own profits, they had started production anyway.

A few days ago the elderly mother of one of the test subjects had told you about all this while both of you were waiting in a wash saloon your load to finish. And after some intense research, you decided that tonight was the night you needed to take action.

You walked over to the heavy oak desk in the center of the room, and knelt down in front of the drawers, all of which were locked. Blowing the air out of your nose, you grabbed for the tiny tools you had kept hidden under your suit, and went on to pick the locks, one after another.

The first drawer only contained pens, staplers, and a hipflask. The second drawer was already a little more interesting, containing papers and files, and after you had quickly flipped through them, you realized that they all were of no value to you. But the last drawer, the one in the bottom that had taken you three times as long to pick as the others, this one finally contained what you had been looking for. At first glance it seemed to be almost empty, only containing a box with pins, and some eau de toilette, but you had a feeling that something was off about this drawer, so you searched around a bit, and soon found the mechanism that allowed you to take out the fake floor, which you had suspected to be hidden there. And finally you held the file in your hands that documented all the subjects and their horrible side effects; side effects that had left over a hundred families with to primal instincts reduced family members.

You quickly flipped through the file to make sure it really was what you were looking for. There were pictures, names, dates, statistics; you even found the son of the lady who had talked to you.

Giving a quiet sigh of relief, you closed the file and pushed it into a hidden pocket on your back, allowing the advanced technology of your suit to close the sides of the pocket so the file was safe. Then you placed the fake floor of the drawer back inside, arranged the box with the pins and the bottle with the eau de toilette the same way you had found it, and locked all the drawers again, hoping to keep your theft unnoticed for as long as possible.

Out of the window, closing it, and up the wall towards the roof you went. The night was cool, and the moon was shining brightly. You stood at the edge of the roof for a while, admiring the city beneath your feet. Flickering lights danced in the streets, and most windows were dark, only a few were lit up with the late night lives of their apartment's inhabitants.