Patrick Stump x Reader - Babysitting

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 715
A/N:
sorry for the unannounced mini hiatus. Life did some stuff, so I was too distracted to post. Also Happy Birthday to the amazing Patrick Stump!

"No, no, no," you whined, "give it back!"

The four year old boy who had stolen your beanie giggled gleefully, pressing the piece of clothing to his chest, and ran out of the living room.

"Catch me," he laughed, his small, bare feet toddling over the cold tiles of the hallway.

You shook your head, a fond smile on your face, and got up from the floor, following the boy.

"Oh no, where did Steven run off to," you wondered out loud, pretending not to see the child who had hidden behind a chest of drawers, "Carl have you seen Steven?"

The two year old laughed and shook his head.

"I think we lost him," you exclaimed, walking past Steven's hiding spot, consciously looking the other way, "Shall we search for him?"

Carl cheered and waddled over where you were standing so you would pick him up, which you did immediately, lifting him onto your hip.

Just when you turned to the bathroom door, pretending to search that room for Steven, you heard keys in the lock of the front door.

Confused you walked back to the door, watching as a young man, about the same age as yourself, slipped into the house.

"Ahm, excuse me," you wondered, drawing the man's attention to you.

Big blue eyes met yours, and grew wide with confusion.

"Patrick!"

Steven stormed out of his hideout and past you, jumping at the man, who caught him surprised. Carl on your arm also started wriggling, so you put him down to the floor, and he ran as fast as his short legs allowed him over to the man, wrapping his arms around his leg.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm late, John asked me to be here by five and now it's five fifteen..."

You furrowed your brows.

"Excuse me, who are you?"

"That's Patrick," Steven said, as if that explained everything.

"I'm their uncle," Patrick added, putting Steven down, and ruffling Carl's hair.

"Oh, I see, sorry. I'm (y/n), the neighbor, Melissa asked me to babysit for tonight," you explained, "seems like they wanted to play it safe."

Patrick laughed quietly, a deep and lovely sound, as you found yourself admitting.

"More likely that my dear brother forgot that Meli already asked someone," he shook his head smiling. "If you want, you can go home, I can take them from here."

"That's-"

"Nooo!"

The two boys immediately protested at the proposition Patrick had made.

"You both stay," Carl explained seriously.

"Or we'll tie you up! Like the pirates!"

You raised your eyebrows at Steven's excited exclamation.

"Now that's serious business," you noticed, nodding carefully, "I'm afraid I have no choice but staying."

The boys cheered in victory, immediately making up plans what the four of you should do now. Steven grabbed both Patrick and you by your hands, and pulled you into the living room.