Frank Iero x Reader - Study Break

Summary: You're stressing yourself out over an exam while on tour and Frank tries to take care of you.
Reader: can be read as any gender
Warnings
: stress, language
Word count
: 2 153
A/N
: I have an exam in pretty exactly 12hours from posting this. Instead of studying I wrote what was supposed to be a drabble but ended up being this.

You had known it was a stupid idea even before you had decided on it, but the idea of letting someone else play your part, of letting someone else play the songs and melodies you had helped come up with had just felt absolutely wrong. But now that you were on tour with My Chemical Romance, knowing you would have to write this stupid exam two days after returning home, you felt like perhaps, just maybe, you should have sat this one out.

The past years had already been hard enough, with driving or flying out to foreign cities as soon as the last lecture of the week was over, playing two or three shows and barely making it back to the classroom in time on Monday morning. One more year of this, you told yourself, and then you would have your degree, and could go on tour with your friends, relaxing between shows just like them, instead of studying for what felt like every waking minute you did not spend on stage. But right now the promise of a whole more year of this was agonizing, especially when you already felt like the next exercise was too much.

Falling backwards onto the mattress of your bunk, in which you had sat, crouched over your book, you let out a quiet sigh. Three days until the exam. The last show of this leg of the tour was tonight, a little more than eight hours away. Maybe you should take a break, have some milk or a snack. After all you had studied since you had finished breakfast, after only a short night.

As if your thoughts had been heard, there was a quiet knock against the frame of your bunk. You groaned affirmatively, and a moment later Frank pushed the curtain you had drawn closed aside, and poked his head in.

"I brought snacks," he declared, showing you how he was balancing a cup of cold strawberry milk and a plate with cut fruits, crackers and cheese in one hand. The cup was so cold, that condensed water from the warm bus was already running down at the sides, collecting as drops on the bottom.

"Oh my god, you are an angel," you laughed, and sat up, taking the treats from him, and placing them on the narrow board that functioned as your headboard. "Where are the others?"

The bus had stopped what you assumed must have been a few hours ago, and not much later you had heard the other band members getting ready to go out.

"Exploring the city," Frank shrugged. "I'm kinda certain Mikey'll be close to missing sound-check again because he found some ice cream parlour or something."

With furrowed brows you watched Frank gesture at you.

"What?"

"Move! I'm coming in."

"Frank-"

All protest was futile as Frank heaved himself up and into your bunk, falling half on top of you in the narrow space.

"Oh, hello there," he grinned, his face only inches away from yours, leaning on his elbow right besides your head.

"Get off," you grumbled, quickly trying to crawl out from underneath Frank without him noticing the how embarrassed you had gotten all of a sudden. It was not unusual for Frank to invade your space, which you anything but minded. Still he hardly was ever as close as now, and you did not trust yourself to not do something really stupid if he stayed this close for longer.

"Whoa, so hostile," Frank pouted, but rolled off of you, almost falling out of the bunk bed in the process, before he sat up. "So, when was the last time you took a proper break?"