Drabbles Challange: Gerard Way x Reader

Prompt 21: "He's a bad kisser."
Word
count: 914
A/N:
Considering I write fanfiction, I know surprisingly little about the practice of kissing. So enjoy my increasingly terrible descriptions thereof xD

You were seated on the floor, your back resting against the sofa, a cup of hot, sweet tea standing on the table in front of you. Frank was sprawled out over one of the armchairs facing you, a curious expression on his face as he listened to what you told him about the date you had been on with Gerard the other day. It had been the third date, and Frank, being the one who had introduced you to his bandmate, and eventually persuaded Gerard to act on his feelings for you and ask you out, knowing fully well how much you liked the lead singer, was interested in every detail.

"... and then he dropped me off at home," you finished, taking a sip from your cup, and smiling fondly.

"-and kissed you good night?"

You furrowed your brows as you turned to look at Frank who was fidgeting around with a pen from the studio in which's break room you were hanging out, while Ray and Mikey were out to grab lunch for everyone, and Gerard was finishing some recordings.

"No," you replied confused.

"Puh, thank god. He's a bad kisser. You'd immediately run away," he laughed, the pen jumping out of his hand as he tried to twirl it between his fingers. He did not make the effort to reach for it.

"You would know," you laughed, not really believing your friend's words, and referring to the many times Frank and Gerard had kissed on stage.

"It's all part of the show, baby," Frank winked, "but yeah, I would know."

"Know what?"

You turned to the door through which Gerard had slipped in, pushing a strand of his dyed hair out of his eyes. He had only gotten a haircut the other week, but his hair was growing so fast that it already hung into his face again.

"That you're a bad kisser," Frank immediately answered.

You felt yourself blush, not sure if it was because you imagined yourself kissing Gerard, or because the way Frank made it sound, Gerard had to believe you would care. Truth be told, you could not care less if he was a bad kisser or not. You were certain that he could be the worst kisser in the world, which you doubted, but you would still enjoy kissing him, simply because it was him and nobody else.

"I'm not," Gerard gasped in terror, trying to find your eyes, as if he wanted to be sure you did not believe Frank, but you had turned your head away, studying your cup with extreme concentration.

"Then prove it," Frank challenged, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Not to you," Gerard spit annoyed.

"Then to sweet (y/n), after all it's them who you're trying to woo," Frank suggested, and he did not have to say it twice, because the next moment Gerard sat down next to you, wrapping his hand into the nape of your neck, and pulled you into him.

For a moment you forgot the concept of breathing, not only because he had startled you, but also because the kiss was literally breath-taking. Breathtakingly good. You had never really understood how people were able to categorize something as a good or a bad kiss, but you definitely knew that this was the best kiss. It was just the right amount of close and warm, not too stagnant, but also in a torturing slow pace, yet just perfect. You felt yourself grow weak in his arms, barely able to keep your fingers wrapped into his back shirt, where your hands had wandered to on their own.

"Oh finally!"

The voice of Ray made both Gerard and you perk up, and you blinked a few times, not quite able to focus on anything that was not Gerard.

The lead guitarist and Mikey had arrived back from their trip to the pizzeria, carrying several boxes, hopefully filled with delicious lunch.

"You owe my five bucks," Frank grinned triumphantly at Ray, who immediately grabbed his purse, and pulled out a five dollar note, handing it to Frank. "Told you I could make him kiss (y/n) finally."

"How'd you do it," Ray asked curiously, flopping down on the sofa behind Gerard and you, while Mikey placed the boxes he had been carrying, down on the table in front of you.

"Told him he was a bad kisser," Frank grinned, reaching for the box that had a huge V painted in black marker, which contained the vegan pizza he wanted to try out.

"Oh, playing on his ego, nice one," Mikey congratulated, sitting down on the second armchair in the room, and leant over to Frank for a fist bump.

"Wait, this was a set up," Gerard asked, his arm around your shoulder.

Somehow you were unable to tear you gaze away from him.

"Yeah, 'course it was. Someone had to get you to finally kiss (y/n), you're thinking far too much to just do it yourself," Ray explained, leaning over yours and Gerard's heads for one of the pizza boxes "Anyone want to share salami with me?"

"Ugh, you're impossible," Gerard groaned, hiding his face in your neck, making you blush even harder than you already were.

"You should thank us on your knees," Mikey replied unimpressed.

"Maybe I will," Gerard laughed, blowing a quick kiss against your neck, before sitting back up straight, "but not with (y/n) around, and not on an empty stomach. I'll take some of the salami."