Gerard Way x Reader - Hair Dye

Request: aaaa could i request a lil thingy with revenge!gerard helping you dye your hair one night and you both get dye all over yourselves akdhsjdhj

Word count: 1 256

A/N: The thing with spreadying handcreme on your skin to protect it from stains does work. And if you only want to dye parts of your hair, cover the rest with conditioner; that makes it harder for the dye to go into the covered hair (but doesn't protect it completely, so be careful).

"Are you absolutely sure?"

With a concerned glace Gerard was weighting the little can of hair dye in his hands. His eyes flickered from the etiquette, to you and back.

"I've waited to do this for months, and I will not walk around like a poor imitation of a ghost," you argued, tucking at your bleached hair.

You were sitting on a stool in Gerard's tiny bathroom, wearing an old jeans and an even older shirt, both already covered with paint from that time you had helped Frank to paint his new flat. Gerard, your boyfriend, had offered you his help when you had presented him with the idea to dye your hair, so now he was dressed in some old clothes as well, a pair of disposable gloves put to the side.

"Then let's start, I guess," he shrugged. Taking a look at you sitting in his bathroom like this, an excited smile on your face, he chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing," he grinned, "You're just adorable!"

"Am I now," you challenged, but shook your head smiling.

It had been well a year now since Gerard had gotten sober, and shortly after, you had gotten together. Now, with the next tour coming up, he had managed to get you a job on the crew so you were able to travel around the country together. And since it would be your first real huge trip around the US, you had decided you wanted to do it looking and feeling your best; and that included dying your hair flaming red, the same way you had wanted to do since high school.

"Yeah, believe it or not, you are," Gerard replied, "can you like... lift your hair up in the back?"

Confused you did as he told you, even though the box with the paint was still screwed shut, and he wasn't wearing the gloves.

"I'm gonna spread some hand cream on the skin around your hairline so you don't get too many spots," he explained, and sure enough, a couple of seconds later, you could feel the cold, but smooth cream on your skin.

Carefully he spread a thick layer all over your neck, around and on your ears, before he worked along your temples and to your forehead. When he started putting the cream on your face, moving finally into view, you took the opportunity to watch him closely. His hazel eyes were fixed on his work, but when they met yours, he smiled happily, making you smile in return. His skin was smooth and pale, no wonder some people seriously thought he was a vampire. Underneath his eyes were some traces of dark make-up which he apparently had not gotten off yesterday evening after the show.

When he was done, he wrapped a towel around your shoulders, and put on the gloves, before he unscrewed the little can with the red hair dye. Taking a brush, made especially for this purpose, he scooped out some of the slimy looking colour and walked over to you.

"Last chance to back out," he warned, but you shook your head.

"Just start already, I want to get my hair dyed finally," you laughed.

"Well then," he giggled, "This might be cold."

The next moment you could feel the cold, slightly gelatinous mass on your head. It took a while until Gerard had managed to work his way through your hair. He made sure to catch all the roots and every single strand of hair, before he continued spreading the dye down the longer parts of your hair. You would have never believed how heavy hair dye could actually be, and you could feel your neck starting to hurt a little from sitting still for so long, but you made sure not to move anyway.

When Gerard was done, you looked up at him expectantly.

"And now?"

"Now we wait for about... half an hour," he explained, "But you stay here in the bathroom, I don't want you to drop any dye all over my carpet."

Although you laughed, you knew he was serious, and you knew how hard the colour would be to wash out from any fabric, so you patiently stayed in the bathroom while Gerard fetched you something to drink.

"Ugh, I think some dye just dripped down my neck," you shuddered, when you felt something wet hit the skin just above your shirt.

"Let me see..."

Gerard pushed away from where he had been leaning against the wall and walked over.

"Oh great, right to the spot without any cream," he sighed, quickly grabbing a toilet paper, and whipping the dye off your skin. "Now you have a stain in the neck."

"Doesn't matter," you shrugged.

Honestly you had imagined this to be a lot more stain intensive than it was so far.

But that did not mean it stayed that way. A while later, another drop of paint ran down your forehead, and before either you or Gerard had noticed, it had dropped to your cheek. When Gerard tried to wipe it away, he only spread it, so he quickly grabbed some hand cream to rub it off. But the real battle with the dye happened when Gerard was trying to wash the dye out of your hair.

He was still wearing his gloves, but somehow they had ripped a little, and he got dye all over his hands. When you laughed at him, slightly poking fun at your boyfriend, he did what almost made you hate him a little. Almost.

He grabbed your face, with the still dye covered hands, and crashed his lips into yours, leaving you not only breathless, but also with hand formed dye stains in your face.

Pulling away, he grinned proudly.

"You look like you murdered someone," he laughed, making your roll your eyes.

"And if you ever get out of these gloves, it'll look like you washed your hands in blood" you retorted, reminding Gerard why he had kissed you in the first place, "Can we finish washing out my hair now please, it's really heavy with all the dye and the water."

Several minutes later, your hair had finally stopped bleeding out the colour, and you were standing in front of the mirror, blow drying it. Happily you watched as the red strands blew around your face, finally adding the spot of colour you had always wished for.

Gerard meanwhile struggled to get the colour out from underneath his fingernails, before he helped you to clean the stains he had left on your cheeks. When he was finished, he smiled down on you, the same crocket smile you loved so much.

"You look absolutely stunning," he confessed, reaching his hands out to run his fingers through your newly dyed hair.

"Thanks, and especially thanks for helping," you giggled before you got on your tip toes and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Fuck," Gerard mumbled, causing you to raise an eyebrow at him, "my heart still isn't used to you doing that."

What you had not known until a couple of weeks ago, was that you had caught Gerard's eyes long before you had ever been officially introduced, so to him it sometimes still seemed like a dream too good to be true, when you were so close to him, so affectionate with him.

"Oh yeah?"

Slyly grinning up at him, you kissed him again, making sure to press yourself really close to him, and enjoying the feeling of Gerard wrapping his fingers into your newly dyed hair.