Tyler Joseph x Reader - Prejudices

Requested
Summary
: Josh has wants to introduce you to his friend Tyler, but you're far more interested in the lead singer of the band Josh just joined.
Warnings: prejudices, implied bullying in the past
ord count: 2 293
A/N: Kinda inspired by an idea from that post that said high school Tyler looked like the kinda kid that would beat up high school Josh

"I swear, (Y/N), give him a chance," Josh almost whined.

You raised your eyebrows, and took a sip of iced coffee. It was by far not the first time Josh tried to put in a good word for his friend Tyler. And you had a feeling it would not be the last time either. But so far everything Josh had told you sounded too perfect, and yet some things really raised red flags for you. Most of all: the fact that Tyler had played basketball for his high school, and if you had learned anything from your time in school, it was that someone like you should stay as far away from the sports kids as possible. How Josh was friends with someone like that was a miracle to you. And thanks to your prejudices, you had not even met said Tyler yet.

Josh sighed as he saw your reaction.

"You don't even know him," he argued.

You could not deny that it amused you how he basically lead this discussion on his own.

"I'm pretty sure you'd really like him. And he's looking forward to meeting you too," Josh mumbled.

"You told him about me," you finally asked, putting down the glass with your beverage.

"Yeah, of course! You two are like... you're my best friends. Understand now why it's kinda taking a toll on me to never be able to have both my best friends in the same room with me? So yes, I talked to him about you."

You nodded quietly. Of course you had always been very close to Josh, but you had not known he had considered you one of his best friends; you were not used to people appreciating your friendship.

"I'm sorry, Josh, but you know that I kinda have a problem with-"

"With people who you think are pricks because they are good at sports, I know. But Tyler is not like the guys from school. And you can always leave when you feel uncomfortable, I promise," Josh tried convincing you.

You wet your lips, and took another sip of your iced coffee.

"Do I have a choice," you eventually sighed.

Josh grinned, knowing he had finally won the discussion that had been going on for weeks between the two of you.

"Come to the show tomorrow evening then? You can see me play, and afterwards you meet Tyler?"

You nodded in agreement.

"The show with that new band of yours, twenty one pilots," you asked, a feeling of uneasiness settling in your stomach. Meeting Tyler would probably end with Josh being disappointed that you two did not get along. But he would never have stopped bugging you about it, if he would not see it for himself. At least you had a nice concert to cheer you up beforehand.

"You do know I totally plan on setting you two up, you know," Josh reminded you, grinning triumphantly over the edge of his cup of coffee.

"Yeah, Josh, I know," you rolled your eyes.

~*~

The concert was in a small hall that usually was used for parties and medium sized events. You assumed about fifty to seventy people would fit in here, but when you came in, there were only about thirty. Opposite the entrance, a stage was set up with Josh's drums, a piano and a mic stand, together with some amps. It seemed like you had come just in time, because only moments after you had found a good place to stand for the duration of the show, not too far away from the stage, yet not too close either, Josh walked up to his drum set. People clapped and cheered a little, and so did you.