Drabbles Challenge: Pete Wentz x Reader

Prompt 18: "It's okay to cry."
Prompt 20: "Did... Did you just make that noise?"
Warnings
: homesickness, lots of crying
Word
count: 774
A/N:
find the doctor who quote (hint: 11th doctor, episode Big Bang Two)

Sometimes you really hated how strong your emotions were able to be. It was summer, you were on tour with four of the most amazing people in the world, one of which being your boyfriend Pete, you were watching thousands of people dance along to the music of your favourite band every night under the clear, star sprinkled sky, and yet you were sitting here, in the dirt, next to one of the busses in which the band had arrived at the festival, and were crying your eyes out.

You had accompanied Fall Out Boy on tour before, but never this long. And tonight, you were not sure what had triggered it, you missed your family more than ever. All you wanted was your own, familiar bed that smelled of the same laundry soap as it had done in your childhood, you wanted some home cooked dinner by your mum, and some of the horrible dad jokes, of which your father had more than enough in store. And tonight you wanted this all so much, that it felt like your heart had been ripped you.

In the meantime, Pete had already started searching for you like a maniac. You had disappeared from the face of this earth without a notice, and he was already worried. Maybe you had finally realised that he just was not worth your time, and had walked to the train station to go home.

He really would not be mad, because in his eyes it was a more rational thing than to be with him, but that did not mean it would not break his heart. Just when Pete had almost started to accept that you were gone to live a happy life without him in it, he heard a sob, which sounded strangely like you. Carefully he called out for you.

"(y/n), d... did you just make that sound?"

He could not help the stutter, when hope sparked inside his chest that maybe you were still here.

Rounding the next corner, he found you sitting in the dust, leaning against the wheel of the bus, knees pulled to your chest, head hanging low.

"Oh my god, you're still here," he exhaled a breath, which felt like he had been holding since he had first discovered that you were gone.

You lifted your head up, and looked at Pete, whose eyes widened when he saw you were crying.

"'course I'm still here, where would I be," you asked, sounding almost amused.

Pete approached you slowly, and sunk down in the dust next to you.

"Thought you had... dunno... decided to leave," he admitted, making you furrow your brows, the tears completely forgotten for a moment.

"No, I just wanted some priva- why would I leave?"

Pete rubbed the back of his hands over his eyes, trying to chase away the burning. He felt guilty that he had doubted your loyalty, and yet was beyond relieved that you were still with him.

"Pete?"

Concerned you wrapped your arms around him as he buried his face in his hands.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, what's going on?"

"Thought you had left me, gone home 'cause you realized how much of a fuck-up I am-"

Your heart broke at his words, and you nuzzled your face into his hair.

"I would never leave you," you mumbled, "I mean- It's okay to cry, but there's really no reason to."

Pete nodded, and allowed you to wipe away the tears on his cheeks.

"And why are you crying," he asked, finally able to focus on why you were upset.

"Just homesick," you confessed.

Damn these tears that were already filling your eyes again.

"Why don't we video call your mum? I'm sure she has some really great tip against homesickness, she's always got a solution for everything," he suggested.

For a long moment you just looked at him. Why the hell would he ever think you would leave him? He was so wonderful, always coming up with the right ideas, always knowing exactly what you needed. Gently you leant in and pressed your salty lips against his own, tear wet ones. He kissed back without hesitation, and you sunk into the moment of peace, until Andy's voice tore you out of it again.

"Uh, kissing and crying. Can I join? Not in the kissing, but the crying I mean."

You looked up at him then at Pete who also shot you a glance, and both of you nodded.

"So, why do you want to cry?"

"Joe just tried to convince me that coffee and soda mixed together is good, and I lost all faith in humanity."