Frank Iero x Reader - Keep it to Yourself

Requested
Summary
: The last shows of warped tour are coming closer, and the band tries to convince Frank to act on his feelings for the reader
Warnings
: insecurities, angst, fluff
Word
count: 3 307

"Oh man, I think I'm dying of thirst," you mumbled, while you wiped your forehead with the back of your hand.

The sun burnt down mercilessly on you and the other few people who were working at the merchandise stand at Warped Tour. You lifted another box with MCR shirts on the table, and started piling the clothes out of the box, sorting the different shirt motives according to their sizes.

"Water?"

You turned around in surprise at the, by now, fairly familiar voice of a certain guitarist. Frank smiled at you as he held out a bottle of water.

"You are my savior," you grinned, and took the bottle from the young man, who watched you contently as you satisfied your thirst with the icy cold beverage he had fetched you.

"Don't you guys have any shade back here," he wondered, furrowing his brows.

"Shade, good joke," you laughed unamused, and handed him back the now half-empty bottle.

"Keep it," he mumbled under his breath, and placed it on the table, making you smile.

"And to answer your question, no we don't have any shade."

"But you had some last week, didn't you," Frank asked confused, and hopped to sit on the table next to the box, which you continued pulling shirts out from.

"They said they lost the parasol," Grace, your colleague and friend, explained over her shoulder.

"And they didn't bother organizing a new one?"

Frank sounded disbelieving, a gesture that in itself already made you feel better.

"Apparently not, maybe we should be a tad bit more insistent on that point," you shrugged.

"Do you want me to get you some sunscreen?"

You looked over at Frank who was still sitting on the table, watching you work.

"Nah, it's fine," you denied with a smile.

"In fifty years, when you got skin cancer, you'll think differently about it," Frank told you seriously, and got off the table, "I'm gonna get you some!"

"Don't you have to go on in like... ten minutes," you shouted after the guitarist, who had already started jogging away, but either he did not hear you, or he did not want to hear you.

Frank's band mates in the meantime had watched the interaction between the two of you from the shadow of a tent that sold cold beverages. The area was not yet opened to the public, allowing them a few last quiet moments before the show.

"These fools," Mikey shook his head, "they still don't get their feelings aren't one sided?"

Ray shook his head.

"I don't think they even got to the point of understanding that they are in love," he mumbled, taking a sip from his coke.

"We only got a couple of shows left," Gerard reminded them, "do you think they'll finally get together until then?"

"No."

The answer came both from Ray and Mikey at the same time.

"So... do you guys think we should help them?"

Ray turned to look at Gerard.

"You mean we should set them up?"

"Let's be honest here for a moment. Frank will only be sulking around for the next three years if he doesn't get together with (y/n), and we'll be the ones who'll have to suffer. In our own interest we should do them the favour," Gerard argued.